- School of Nursing
- 2013 PhD in Health Professions Education - Simmons College
- 1998 MSN, Salem State University
- 1988 BSN, Salem State University
- MA RN license #186959
I have been a RN for over 30 years. My areas of expertise are medical / surgical nursing, gerontology and EOL / Palliative care. Before coming to Simmons, I did staff development in home care and long term care. My research interests include clinical judgment and how this can be measured with nursing students and nurses, nursing professionalism and professional behaviors of nursing students, use of pet therapy to decrease nursing student anxiety.
Area of Expertise
- Medical / Surgical Nursing, Gerontology, EOL / Palliative Care
What I Teach
I teach Health Promotion, Nursing Fundamentals and Health Assessment, Medical / Surgical Nursing 1 + 2, Synthesis/Clinical Decision Making.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- ANA Massachusetts
- Sigma Theta Tau International