- Physical Therapy
- Ph.D. Physical Therapy, University of Michigan-Flint
- Neurologic Clinical Specialist (NCS); American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Michigan-Flint
- Masters in Physical Therapy, Manipal University, India
- MA Physical Therapist
- MI Physical Therapist
Dr. Tiwari joined the faculty at Simmons University in August 2019. He has been a physical therapist since 2004. Prior to joining Simmons, he served as an assistant professor at the School of Physical Therapy, MCPHS University, Worcester Massachusetts. He also serves as a member of specialization, residency and fellowship committee of the American Physical Therapy Association. His primary research focus is on pediatric/adolescent concussions.
What I Teach
- DPT 752 Research Seminar: Proposal
- DPT 871 Frameworks for PT: Neuromuscular II
- Tiwari D, Alsalaheen B, Tally S., Goldberg A, Comparing strength of association between the Five-Times-Sit-to-Stand Test and measures of balance and lower limb power in community dwelling older adults. Int J Ther Rehabil adults [online] 26(3):1–10.
- Tiwari D, Goldberg A, Yorke A, Marchetti G, Alsalaheen B. Characterization of cervical spine impairments in children and adolescents post-concussion. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2019 Apr; 14(2): 282–295.
- Tiwari D, Daly, C, Alsalaheen, B. Home based circuit training program in an adolescent female with severe traumatic brain injury: a case report. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice 2018 Feb;34(2):137-145.
- Tiwari D, Rao BK, Solomon J. Normative scores on pediatric balance scale: A cross sectional study Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy 2011; 5 (2):45-48.
- Agrawal K, Jerome A, Tiwari D, Palekar TJ. Effects of constraint induced movement therapy as a rehabilitation strategy for the affected upper limb of children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy: Systemic review of the literature Journal of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation 2011; 1(1): 1-7
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Neurology section
- Research section
- Education section
- 2019: Marilyn Gossman Graduate Student Research Seminar
- 2016, 2015: Dean’s student scholarship award, University of Michigan-Flint