- Physical Therapy
- University of South Carolina
- PhD Exercise Science: Rehabilitation Sciences - 2017
- Doctor of Physical Therapy - 2011
I lived my entire life in South Carolina, growing up in Sumter, until making the decision to move to Boston and join the faculty here at Simmons University. I completed all of my degrees at the University of South Carolina and live in Boston with my wife Jennifer. We have three animals: a boston terrier Aibileen, a large orange cat Sebastian, and a tabby cat Finley.
What I Teach
Course Coordinator For
- DPT 752 - Research Seminar Proposal
- DPT 783 - Frameworks for Physical Therapy: Neuromuscular
- DPT 621 - Human Anatomy
- DPT 753/763 - Research Seminar
My research primarily involves:
- Dual-task cost and the influence of dual tasks for older adults and those with neurological disorders.
- Reliability and validity of outcome measures for older adults and those with neurological disorders.
I also have a wide range of secondary interests which include self-assessment of physical therapy education and various evaluations of physical therapy students.