Uniting passion with lifelong purpose.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, social work employment is expected to increase through 2022. The aging baby boom generation is driving the demand for gerontology social workers. Likewise, the need for social workers specializing in substance abuse and medical and public health is predicted to rise.
Graduates of the Simmons School of Social Work are among the most prepared and sought-after professionals ready to meet these needs.
First jobs for recent SSW graduates
- Clinical Social Worker in the emergency department of Boston Children's Hospital
- Social Work Supervisor at the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Children and Families
- Clinical Social Worker at HEARTH, Inc., a Boston-based supportive housing organization for formerly homeless and at-risk elders
- Director of LGBT Services at Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Division of Student Life
- Behavioral Health Policy Analyst for the Council of State Governments Justice Center in New York City
- Clinical Social Worker at the Veterans' Administration Boston Health Care System
- Boston Clinical Social Worker at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Breast Clinic
- Fellow, Ruderman Fellowship in Gerontological Social Work at Boston's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Clinical Social Worker, Smart Team, South End Community Health Center
- Mental Health Clinician, AIDS Action Committee, Boston
- Clinical Social Worker, The Boston Center for Refugee Health and Human Rights
- School Social Worker, Victor School, Justice Resource Center
- Fellow, Boston Children's Hospital, Post-graduate fellowship program
- Clinical Social Worker, MGH/Chelsea Health Center
- Coordinator for Mobile Crisis Services/HES in Haverhill, Massachusetts
- Counselors in the Simmons Counseling Center
- Medical Social Worker in Cardiology at Boston's Massachusetts General Hospital
- Addictions Specialist at the North Charles Institute for the Addictions in Somerville, Massachusetts
- Clinical Social Worker, El Futuro, Durham, North Carolina
- Founding Director of the Matahari: Eye of the Day, a Boston-based organization that helps create community solutions to end human trafficking and gender violence
Social Work Career Resources
Check out our job board for job opportunities.
Do you have a job to post? Employers can submit new job listings through our online form.
The primary goal of this training is to provide an overview of the essential knowledge about domestic violence that has been amassed through decades of advocacy and research.
This course, adapted from an online Master of Social Work (MSW) course, aims to enhance practicing social workers' knowledge and skills in social work policy practice.