Spring Career Fair
The 2020 Library and Information Science Career and Networking Fair will bring together employers who are seeking interns, employees, and networking opportunities with students, these employers are from the Greater Boston area, New England, and beyond. We expect employers from a range of fields including public, school, and academic libraries, government agencies, corporate libraries, museums and archives, information and knowledge management firms, digital publishers and information services, and more.
Co-hosted by SLIS and the Simmons Career Education Center (CEC), the fair is a terrific opportunity for recruiters to promote their organizations and meet highly qualified candidates seeking full-time, part-time, and internship employment as well as networking opportunities.
Please note that the LIS Career and Networking Fair is intended for current students, recent graduates, and alumni of the Simmons LIS program only. It is a separate industry-specific event distinct from the annual Simmons University Spring Career & Internship Fair.
Please contact the LIS Career and Networking Fair Coordinator with any questions pertaining to the LIS Career and Networking Fair at email@example.com.
We will be holding one workshop in preparation for the Career Fair. The SLIS Career Connections Workshop will be held on Wednesday April 1, 2020, from 2pm-5pm in the Special Functions Room (MCB C124). The workshop will incorporate advice on resume writing, interviewing, and salary negotiation, and will feature a panel discussion where students can hear from alumni working in the LIS fields.
- Date: Monday, April 6, 2020
- Time: 4 - 6 p.m.
- Where: Linda K. Paresky Center, 3rd floor MCB
- Format: Open; students may walk from table to table during the duration of the event
- Attendees must be: Current SLIS students or recent SLIS alumni/ae
- Appropriate dress: Business professional or business casual (with an emphasis on business)
- Photographer: A professional photographer will be onsite the day of the fair to take free professional headshots.
This list will be updated as more employers register.
- Boston Public Library
- Cambridge Historical Commission
- The Donohue Group, Inc.
- EBSCO Information Services
- Emmanuel College
- Fidelity Management and Research Co.
- Harvard University
- John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and National Archives
- Massachusetts Library System/BiblioTemp
- Museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame
- Northeastern University School of Law Library
- Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, Harvard
- State Library of Massachusetts
- Walter De Gruyter, Inc.
- WGBH Media Library and Archives