Spring Career Fair
The 2019 Library and Information Science Career and Networking Fair will bring together employers who are seeking interns, employees, and networking opportunities with students, these employers are from the Greater Boston area, New England, and beyond. We expect employers from a range of fields including public, school, and academic libraries, government agencies, corporate libraries, museums and archives, information and knowledge management firms, digital publishers and information services, and more.
Co-hosted by SLIS and the Simmons Career Education Center (CEC), the fair is a terrific opportunity for recruiters to promote their organizations and meet highly qualified candidates seeking full-time, part-time, and internship employment as well as networking opportunities.
Please note that the LIS Career and Networking Fair is intended for current students, recent graduates, and alumni of the Simmons LIS program only. It is a separate industry-specific event distinct from the annual Simmons University Spring Career & Internship Fair.
Please contact the LIS Career and Networking Fair Coordinator with any questions pertaining to the LIS Career and Networking Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be holding three workshops in preparation for the Career Fair:
- Resume Review Workshop on Wednesday February 20, 2019 in the SLIS Student Lounge (P212) from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Handshake Workshop on Wednesday March 18, 2019 in the COCIS Tech Lab (P213) from 3:30 p.m. - 4:30p.m.
- Interviewing Workshop on Wednesday April 3, 2019 in P207 from 2pm-3pm.
- Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Time: 4 - 6 p.m.
- Where: Linda K. Paresky Center, 3rd floor MCB
- Format: Open; students may walk from table to table during the duration of the event
- Attendees must be: Current SLIS students or recent SLIS alumni/ae
- Appropriate dress: Business professional or business casual (with an emphasis on business)
- Photographer: A professional photographer will be onsite the day of the fair to take free professional headshots.