Mission and Vision
The Simmons School of Business faculty, students and staff work in partnership to develop socially responsible and skilled leaders ready for successful careers in the collaborative and competitive environments of business and nonprofit management. We are dedicated to a highly participatory learning environment that values academic excellence, diversity and inclusion, academic scholarship, teaching excellence, and life success for all our students and our colleagues.
- Strategic, rigorous, and experience-based management education that is attentive and responsive to changing environments and welcoming to a diverse community.
- Industry interaction that informs our teaching, offers internships and employment opportunities to our students, and creates value for our industry partners.
- Thought leadership and cutting-edge practice in and outside of the classroom analyzing, understanding, and addressing gender and diversity dynamics in organizations.
- Ethical, socially responsible, and sustainable management practices that enhance both the performance of organizations and the welfare of society.
- Innovation, change leadership, and entrepreneurship in the for-profit, non-profit, and governmental sectors.
- A vibrant network of students, alumnae/i, employers, and partners as a critical resource for individuals and for the school.
- Problem-solving and decision-making supported by critical thinking and analytical skills considering complex environments under uncertain conditions.
- Excellence in faculty teaching, research and practice.
- A supported and resourced, dynamic and committed community of faculty and staff.
Updated by faculty, September 2018.