Learning Goals & Outcomes
Learning Goal #1 - Develop Visual or Aural Literacy
- Identify and utilize significant practices and processes of art and/ or music.
- Understand artistic and musical terminology, critical methods and historical contexts to analyze, criticize and interpret visual and musical texts.
- Apply their knowledge in effective oral and written presentations.
Learning Goal #2 - Develop and apply skills learned in an art or music practice course to create original works of art or music.
- Demonstrate the technical skills and the ability to organize the visual or musical elements necessary to communicate concepts and experiences.
- Produce creative works that demonstrate solid problem solving skills and innovation in concepts, formal language and/or materials.
Learning Goal #3 - Articulate that the study of art or music involves the mind, spirit and senses.
- Articulate, orally and in writing, the cultural and institutional purposes — historical and contemporary - for the creation of art and music.
- Engage in sophisticated oral or written communication and critical discussions in which students argue and defend ideas and offer new perspectives based on knowledge and experience in the arts.
- Recognize and analyze the significance of cultural diversity in the creation of art and/or music.
Learning Goal #4 - Apply classroom theory and practice to experiential learning within Boston's cultural institutions and creative community.
- Understand the role and value of cultural institutions in society.
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities of professionals in cultural institutions.
- Apply professional values and ethics in classes, internships and future careers.