Are You the Next Student Ambassador/Woman on Campus?
We’re looking for an outgoing, involved first or second year student who wants to share their Simmons adventures via video with prospective students and our entire community.
Our Woman on Campus/Student Ambassador serves as the unofficial face of Simmons University, highlighting what makes our students and school innovative, fun and unique. You will create marketing content to promote our undergraduate programs, as well as life on campus. The successful candidate will have a high level of autonomy, responsibility and be able to multitask, adhering to production deadlines while managing coursework and other extracurricular activities.
- This is a 12-18 hr/week paid position.
- The Woman on Campus/Student Ambassador films and edits videos, but extensive prior training is not required. We will help you develop your technical skills.
- The Woman on Campus/Student Ambassador must be available throughout the entire semester. An occasional weekend assignment may be requested.
- Ideally, we would like to follow the Woman on Campus/Student Ambassador throughout their Simmons experience. Our current Woman on Campus has been with us since her first year and is now graduating. Consider whether your academic and extracurricular commitments will allow you to continue participating.
- You will be responsible for managing the Woman on Campus/Student Ambassador Instagram account. This will require monitoring and answering questions throughout the calendar year (even on academic breaks).
To apply, please send the following:
- Your name, major, class year, GPA, hometown, and contact information.
- Your social media information—account names for Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, blogs, etc.
- A list of your organizations/activities within and outside of Simmons, noting leadership positions you hold.
- Three sample topics you’d like to cover as the next Woman on Campus/Student Ambassador
- A 30-60 second video letting us know why you should be the next Woman on Campus/Student Ambassador. This DOES NOT need to be perfectly shot or edited—we want to get a sense of who you are and how you feel on camera. Contact us if you need access to a camera.
Deadline: November 8th