We often hear from adult students who are interested in our nursing major, but do not have the prerequisite coursework completed. However, adults can--and often do!--apply without the prerequisites. In fact, we strongly recommend that you apply with the intention of completing your prerequisites at Simmons. This unique model allows you the following benefits:
- Ensure your science foundation is directly aligned to support success in our nursing curriculum
- Apply once--if you are accepted into nursing, you do not need to apply again after completing your prerequisites
- Find out about your acceptance into the nursing program earlier than students taking their prerequisites elsewhere
- Avoid having to take prerequisites for programs at multiple schools before applying--save time and money
- Acclimate to the Simmons community and resources
If you have questions about the prerequisites for nursing, just reach out to your admission counselor!