Home » Undergraduate College » Admission » Physics » Majors & Minors
Majors & Minors
<%years_transfer%> Majors & Minors
Physics Majors at Simmons
Student thesis topics since 2004
- Degradation of [Ir(ppy)2(dtb-bpy)]PF6, Heather Bankowski
- A Study of Thermal Noise for Enhanced LIGO, Lucienne Merrill. (The experimental work was carried out at MIT under the supervision of Dr. Gregg Harry.)
- A Green Process to Depolymerize PLA , Jennifer Boice.
- Characterization of Poly(lactic acid) in Various Standard Acidic Conditions by Scanning Electron Microscopy, Lauren Morrell.
- Microfluidics: Electrowetting, Regina Yopak
- Panasonic Research Laboratories Internship, Juliana Barile.* This work was done at under the direction of the company's research scientists.) The work was proprietary (as is the title)
- Dynamic light scattering analysis of aggregation processes in ß-amyloid fibrils, Kathy Chaurasiya.
- Templating the growth and nucleation of calcium oxalate monohydrate on gold via microcontact printing, Tania M. Cabrera.
- Identification of steroids by post-source decay fragmentation MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, Sheri Benson.
- Synthesis and Aggregation of New Colloidal Particles, Pamela Sahota.
- Synthesis, Characterization and Use of Bipyridyl Ruthenium Complexes in Organic Light-Emitting Diodes, Erica Gunn.
- Characterization of an FSIR Sensor, Emily Coombs
- A Validation of Two Forensic Procedures for the Detection of Salivary Amylase, Hannah Knowles
REU programs and summer fellowship sites that students attended since 2006
- University of Washington
- Johns Hopkins University
- Columbia University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Harvard University
- Oregon State
- California Institute of Technology
- University of Colarado
- Cornell University
Since 2006, Physics Majors/Minors attended or are attending graduate programs or medical school at:
- Auburn University
- University of Western Australia
- NY Medical College
- Columbia University
- Northeastern University
- McGill University
- Tufts University
- George Washington University
- Washington University
- University of Oregon
- Boston University
- Emory University School of Medicine