Margaret Costello, Ph.D
Associate Professor of Practice, Nursing (undergraduate nursing)
Dr. Costello has taught across the undergraduate and pre Licensure graduate curriculum in a number of courses such as: Scholarly Inquiry in Nursing; Leadership and Management; Health Variances; Health Assessment and Clinical Decision Making. Dr. Costello's research expertise is in the evaluation of strategies which are effective in bridging research to practice. Dr. Costello maintains a part time clinical practice on a medical surgical inpatient unit at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
- PhD. Simmons College
- MSN Cross Cultural Family Nursing Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- MHA Simmons College
- B.S.N Salve Regina University
- Evans, L., Costello, M., Greenberg, H., & Nicholas, N.(2013). The Attitudes and Experience of Registered Nurses who Teach and Mentor Nursing Students in the Acute Care Setting. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice 3(2) 67-74
- Costello, M., Faller, J., Hedberg, M. (2012). The use of simulation to instruct students on the provision of spiritual care: A Pilot Study Journal of Holistic Nursing 30(4)277-281.
- Costello, M. (2011). Prepare yourself for a future in research: Understanding Evidenced based practice for the evolving nurse Imprint 58 (5) 39- 42.
- Costello, M., Greenberg, H., Bell, C., Trowers-Smith, J. (2011) Management of the Hospitalized Patient Experiencing Acute on Chronic Pain: A Case Study Pain Management Nursing.
- Costello, M. (2011). Student Issues: The Use of Simulation in Medication Calculation Instruction Nurse Educator 36 (5):181-182.
- Costello, M. (2011) Student Issues: Predictors of Success on Medication Calculation Tests, Nurse Educator 36(1):11-12.
- Costello, M. (2010) Changing handoffs: The shift is on, Nursing Management 41(10)39-42.
- Costello, M. (2010) A Comparison of Three Educational Strategies for the Acquisition of Medication Calculation Skills among Baccalaureate Nursing Students, Simmons College retrieved from http://dspace.nitle.org/handle/10090/12577
- Silvernail, S. Costello, M and Thompson, S. (2011). Reiki Practice: A Comfort for Patients and Nurses. In M.Hickey & P. Kritek (Eds.), Change Leadership in Nursing, How Change Occurs in a Complex Hospital System (pp. 239-242). New York, New York, Springer.
- Costello, M. (2007). Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage. In T.M., Buttaro (Ed.).Primary Care: A collaborative practice, (pp.670-676). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
- Costello, M. (2007). Pancreatits. In T.M., Buttaro (Ed.).Primary Care: A collaborative practice, (pp.714-722). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
- Invited speaker: Interprofessional Collaboration: The results of a Qualitative Study
Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Invited speaker: From marathon bombing Victim to Recovery Nursing Grand Rounds
Brigham and Women's Hospital Boston, Ma.
- Invited speaker: Developing Mentor Skills the Nurse Colleague
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Ma.
- Invited Speaker: Stories from the Bedside
Brigham and Women's Hospital Nurse in Charge Forum Four Courts Sheraton
- Invited Speaker Spirituality and Nursing
Massachusetts General Hospital
- Invited Speaker Translating Preceptorship into Practice
Northeast Regional Veterans Administration Nurses Alliance,
Poster Presentations-Peer Reviewed
- Poster presentation peer reviewed: The Use of Simulation to teach nursing students how to provide spiritual care to hospitalized patients ISSH, New Orleans, Louisiana 2011
- Poster Presentation peer reviewed: Simulation and Nursing Students Drexel University Fort Lauderdale, Florida 2010