Home » Undergraduate College » Admission » Communications » Program Director
Andrew J. Porter
Internship Program Director & Lecturer
Communications Department, L314
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
The Internship Program Director provides individual guidance to the student throughout her internship experience and provides a connection between the College and the sponsors.
- Act as a representative of the College to coordinate the program.
- Provide direction and supervision in the interviewing process for internship positions.
- Approve final internship placement of the intern with a sponsor.
- Provide direction and supervision to the intern throughout the internship through individual conferences, professional issues seminars, and a visit to the work site.
- Evaluate written assignments, progress reports, and work samples submitted by the intern.
- Assess the duties and work activities of the intern in order to monitor the achievements of the intern's learning objectives.
- Assign the final course grade and course credit for the intern weighing the sponsor's evaluation, the intern's assignments and class participation.