Course descriptions are provided for available courses AND their prerequisites. View a list of courses offered during the Summer 2012 term.
This course information is derived from the Online Course Catalog, which is under development. The information may not be accurate and is provided only as a convenience. Please consult the print or PDF version of the Course Catalog for all official course information.
Open to HCA students with permission of Programs Office. Marketing is essential to all kinds of organizations. Whether you are selling to consumers or to businesses, whether you are for-profit or not-for-profit, whether you are selling tangible products, services, experiences, people, or ideas, strong marketing helps you achieve your mission. Coca-cola, Google, Barack Obama, and UNICEF: all of these brands have been built through innovative marketing. Marketing, when done well, simultaneously delivers value to firms, their consumers, and society at large. Marketing is focused on understanding customers and their needs, creating products or services that meet those needs, and delivering them to customers in a way that delights them and keeps them coming back for more. Marketing guru, Philip Kotler, once said, 'Marketing is not the art of selling what you make but knowing what to make. It is the art of identifying and understanding customer needs and creating solutions that deliver satisfaction to the customers, profits to the producers, and benefits for the stakeholders.
- Course number: GSM-425
- Credits: 3.00
- Academic Level: Graduate
- Currently Offered: Yes
- Course Type: Lecture
Pre-requisite for this course
- GSM-411 Econ Analysis for Managers
- GSM-415 Quantitative Analysis
- GSM-420 Financial Reporting & Analysis
- GSM-426 Strategic Decision Making
- GSM-440 Strategy
- GSM-441 Financial Capstone-Governance
- GSM-503 Mktg - Age of Social Media
- GSM-503C Mrkting Age of Social Media
- GSM-526 Market Research & Design Analy
- GSM-529 Mktg for NPO\'s & Soc Causes
- GSM-530 Contemporary Issues in Mark.
- GSM-533 Strat. Consulting Social Vent.
- GSM-548 Sustainable Supply Chain
- GSM-571 Entrepreneurship: Business Pla
- GSM-601 Entrepreneurship: Bs. Plans