Course descriptions are provided for available courses AND their prerequisites. View a list of courses offered during the Summer 2012 term.
This course information is derived from the Online Course Catalog, which is under development. The information may not be accurate and is provided only as a convenience. Please consult the print or PDF version of the Course Catalog for all official course information.
Anatomy & Physiology I
4 sem. hrs. Prereq.: BIOL 113 and BIOL 218, 221, or 246; CHEM 111 or 113; and CHEM 112 or 114. Presents an integrated approach to the fundamental facts and concepts of human anatomy and physiology. Examines the constituents of the human body through investigation of tissue types and histology, with further emphasis on skeletal, muscular, and nervous systems, and endocrine control. Laboratory includes histology, gross anatomy, dissection, and physiological experiments.
- Course number: BIOL-231
- Credits: 4.00
- Academic Level: Undergraduate
- Currently Offered: Yes
- Course Type: Lecture
Pre-requisite for this course
- BIOL-113 General Biology
- BIOL-123N Principles of Microbiology
- BIOL-218 Principles of Zoology
- BIOL-221 Microbiology
- BIOL-246 Foundations of Exer & Health
- CHEM-110 General, Org. & Biochemistry
- CHEM-111 Intro. Chemistry: Inorganic
- CHEM-112 Intro. Chemistry: Organic
- CHEM-113 Principles of Chemistry
- CHEM-114 Organic Chem I
Co-requisite for this course