Course descriptions are provided for available courses AND their prerequisites. View a list of courses offered during the Summer 2012 term.
This course information is derived from the Online Course Catalog, which is under development. The information may not be accurate and is provided only as a convenience. Please consult the print or PDF version of the Course Catalog for all official course information.
Technology Orientation Req.
The Technology Orientation Requirement is designed to serve as a self-paced introduction to the technology and resources you will use in the GSLIS program. It ensures that all incoming GSLIS students are prepared to use the technology required for their GSLIS classes, regardless of a specific LIS track to be taken. It was created by a faculty committee who specifically chose the format and content that is most pertinent to the LIS curriculum.
- Course number: LIS-400
- Credits: 0.00
- Academic Level: Graduate
- Currently Offered: Yes
- Course Type: Lecture
- LIS-406 Mgmnt of School Lib Programs
- LIS-409 Lit of Social Sci
- LIS-413 Lit of Humanities
- LIS-416 Intro. to Catal. & Class.
- LIS-417 Subj. Catalog & Class.
- LIS-419 Indexing & Thesaurus Const.
- LIS-430 Business Info Sources & Serv.
- LIS-435 Music Librarianship
- LIS-437 Legal Information Sources
- LIS-440 Archival Access and Use
- LIS-441 Appraisal of Arch & Manuscript
- LIS-442 Establish Arch & Manuscript
- LIS-443 Archives, History and Coll Mem
- LIS-445 Metadata
- LIS-446 Art Documentation
- LIS-450 Org./Mgmt. of Public Libraries
- LIS-451 Academic Libraries
- LIS-453 Coll Development & Mgmt
- LIS-454 Digital Info. Services & Prov.
- LIS-456 Managing Rec. in Elec. Envi.
- LIS-458 Database Management
- LIS-460 Technology and the SLT
- LIS-462 Digital Libraries
- LIS-463 Library Automation Systems
- LIS-466 Information Retrieval
- LIS-467 Web Develop & Info. Arch
- LIS-469 XML- eXtensible Markup Lang.
- LIS-471 Photographic Archives
- LIS-474 Competitive Intellegence
- LIS-484 Sci/Tech Literature
- LIS-486 Systems Analysis in Info. Serv
- LIS-494 Descriptive Catalog
- LIS-500 Independent Study
- LIS-501 Internship in Lib & Info Scie
- LIS-502 Archives Field Study
- LIS-593D Information Visualization