Congratulations on your decision to attend Simmons College! We are excited that you are joining the Simmons Community and look forward to seeing you on campus. For students starting in the Fall Semester, there are two different orientations: one held in June and one in the fall that begins a few days prior to the start of the academic year. We strongly encourage you take advantage of attending both of these to get the most out of your experience transitioning to college and Simmons.
During Summer Orientation, you will have the opportunity to meet other new students, create your academic schedule, learn about co-curricular opportunities at Simmons and begin to explore the city of Boston. The Summer Orientation dates for 2016:
- First-years choose between two overnights: June 20th-21st, 2016 -or- June 25th-June 26th, 2016.
- Check-in is between 8:15 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. on Monday and Saturday morning.
- Transfer students can choose to attend one of the overnights (June 20th-June 21st) for a more traditional orientation experience, or the single day orientation specifically for transfers on Thursday, June 23rd, 2016.
- Fall incoming Dix Scholars will be contacted by the Office of Student Leadership and Activities who coordinates Orientation to notify you of your Orientation options in late May.
- View a sample of the Summer Orientation schedule.
- Summer Orientation fee waivers may be granted in cases of financial hardship. Please click here to fill out the form.
Register for Summer Orientation
Fall Orientation is for all first year and transfer students—whether they live on campus or not. Students are expected to attend the Orientation events on each day of Fall Orientation. Students will have an opportunity to attend other planned activities through the first week of classes, including Connections Carnival: the Student Involvement Fair. You'll get to share ideas with new and current students, meet faculty and administrators who will help ensure your success, and truly discover the spirit of Simmons through its people and community.
Fall Orientation 2016 will be held September 3rd through September 6th and begins with Move-in Day on the 3rd. You do not need to register for Fall Orientation - all students are expected to attend.
View the sample Fall Orientation schedule.
Let us know! The Office of Student Leadership and Activities who coordinates Orientation and the Orientation Leaders are here to help you feel at home at Simmons. Orientation will be one of your first memories of Simmons, and we are committed to making it one of your fondest, too. Don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 617-521-2429.