Housing Application

Below you will find links to the Campus Housing forms and applications. Read the full list and select the forms that apply to you.  If you are confused at any point, feel free to contact the Office of Residence Life by phone at 617-521-1096 or email at ResLife@simmons.edu to identify the correct forms.

To live on campus, the Office of Residence Life needs to have two items:.

  • 2018-2019 Returning Student Housing Application. By filling out the housing application you are also electronically signing the University Housing License Agreement.
  • Housing deposit. If you are a current or returning resident, you most likely have a housing deposit on file; you will be contacted directly if you do not. If you are a new undergraduate student, you will send your deposit to Admission.

Check back in the spring for 2019-2020 Housing Application/Housing Selection dates!

Housing Application

Please note: This information refers to last academic year's Housing Selection. This process is subject to change each year, but feel free to familiarize yourself with the information below. We will update this page for the upcoming academic year as soon as we have that information finalized.

Returning Student Undergraduate Housing Application 2018-2019

Please be sure to review the costs associated with Room and Board by visiting the Student Financial Services website.

Returning student theme communities are Arts & Activism in North Hall and Wellness Housing in South Hall. Returning students should apply by March 31, 2017 in order to attend Theme Community Selection Night on Wednesday, April 12th, 2017.

Room Switch List

If you are unhappy with the room that you have selected on Selection Night, or are interested in changing rooms or Residence Halls, you may fill out the Room Switch List Request form. These requests will be met on a first come, first served basis, and we cannot guarantee that your requests will be met.

  • Room Switch List Requests 2018-2019 will be posted in the next coming weeks.

Please note: this is not the waitlist for students who did not participate in Selection Night and are interested in on campus housing. To be on the waitlist for a room on campus, please complete the Returning Student Housing Application.

Proxy Application

If you are studying abroad while Housing Selection is occurring, you must find someone you trust to act as a proxy for you. In addition to filling out the Housing Application by the priority deadline, you must fill out a proxy form. The person you select as a proxy will be able to pick up your lottery card and attend housing selection for you. If you do not designate a proxy, the Office of Residence Life will place you in a room after Housing Selection.

Summer Housing 2018

Summer housing is provided in Morse and North Halls. For more information visit the summer housing website.

Please check back in the spring for 2019-2020 Housing Application/Housing Selection dates!

Housing Deposits

Undergraduate students who have submitted a housing deposit:

If you do not know if you have submitted a housing deposit, you may call Student Financial Service or the Office of Residence Life. Note: If you are a returning resident, you most likely have a housing deposit on file.  Students who have less than $250 in their deposit will be contacted by Residence Life and be directed to increase their deposit prior to housing selection.

Undergraduate students who have NOT submitted a housing deposit to Simmons at any point:

You will need to have a housing deposit on file before a housing application will be honored. Undergraduate first time, first-year students submit their housing deposit through Undergraduate Admission. Commuter undergraduate students looking to live on campus who do not have a deposit on file should be in touch with our office at 617-521-1096 or reslife@simmons.edu to discuss the process for applying to housing.

University Housing License Agreement

Whenever you live on campus, you must comply with the license agreement, which is signed when you submit your housing application. Please be familiar with the license agreement before signing your housing application as it will govern your rights and responsibilities while you are in Simmons housing.

Read the 2018-2019 University Housing License Agreement

Damage Charges

Prevent being charged for damages when you move out by being aware of the damage charge list:

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residence Life at 617-521-1096