Send Us Your ID Photo
All Simmons College students are required to have an official Simmons photo identification card. You will need this card to gain access to college buildings, dormitories, dining halls, use Fenway Cash and for other services.
There are two ways for students to obtain a Simmons ID:
- Visit the Campus Card Office during our business hours and have your picture taken and ID printed
- Submit a photo online and have your ID ready for pick up when you arrive on campus.
Submitting a Photo Online
In order to have your Simmons ID card ready for you upon your arrival on campus, you will be requested to electronically submit a color passport-sized photo.
Please make sure that your photo adheres to the following requirements:
- Must have a white smooth background - no other people or objects in photo.
- Must be in color (black and white photos will not be accepted.)
- Sufficient lighting with no shadows.
- Must be a full front view of your head and shoulders only with face filling at least 80% of frame.
- Cropped from just above the top of head to collarbone.
- Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften photo.
- You must be looking straight at the camera (No side profiles).
- No hats or sunglasses.
- This picture is for identification purposes. The picture must clearly identify you as a person.
- The file must be in jpg or jpeg format. Other formats will not be accepted.
- File size cannot exceed 2MB.
To assist with making your photo meet the ID card photo requirements, you can use any photo editing software. If you do not have one here are some free on-line photo editing tools which you can use without downloading:
Review and Approval Process
This photo will be your Simmons ID card picture throughout your time at the College. Please keep this in mind when selecting your photo. Photos that do not meet the guidelines set forth above will be rejected. Photo submissions are manually reviewed before any IDs are printed. If your photo cannot be used we will ask you to resubmit your photo or we will take your photo at the Campus Card office.
Due Date & Pick-up
Please submit your photo as soon as possible before the start of a semester to ensure timely pick up.
Once your Simmons ID is printed you must come in person to the Campus Card Office to pick it up. You must present a government issued photo ID in order for the Campus Card Office to provide you with your Simmons ID.