Social Work is a writing intensive profession, in this section you will find resources to help you with writing in the MSW program.
- American Psychological Association. (2009). The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- Hacker, D. (2010). A Writer's Reference. Boston: Bedford/St. Martin's.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Style Blog: http://blog.apastyle.org/
- University of North Carolina School of Social Work: Writing Resources and References. (Please pay particular attention to the section on understanding plagiarism.) http://ssw.unc.edu/students/writing
- The School of Social Work at the University of Washington: http://socialwork.uw.edu/students/services/writing-help-resources
- Purdue Online Writing Lab—Social Work Literature Review Guidelines: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/666/01/
The Simmons College Writing Center offers a number of online resources as well as access to peer tutors.