Current Job Openings
- Clinical Social Workers --Behavioral Health
- Lead Crisis Clinician
- Children's Corps Member
- Resident Services Coordinator with Dementia Specialty
- Unit Clinician
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker/Licensed Mental Heatlh Counselor
- Clinical Supervisor/Consultant
- Mental Health Clinician
- Master's Level Clinician -- Bilingual LICSW
- MSW Clinician
There are currently no February 2013 job listings available. Please check back here soon.
Clinical Social Workers --Behavioral Health
Hiring Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Northern Virginia
Health is our business Make it yours. At Kaiser Permanente, we realize that it takes more than expert medical care to be one of the nation's leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. It takes advanced technologies, state-of-art facilities, and the people to support them. Come impact your future, and the future of care. If this sounds like something you believe in, consider joining us in our expanding behavioral health program in Northern Virginia.
Clinical Social Workers — Behavioral Health
• Chemical Dependency - Job #142652
• Psychotherapist - Job #151785
• Psychotherapist — Child Therapist Job #165091
• Eating Disorders — Job #141598
In these full-time roles, you will be responsible for providing individual and group counseling and/or psychotherapy and case management for members with diverse behavioral health needs. Depending on the position, you will work with adult and child/adolescent populations in traditional outpatient settings and intensive outpatient programs. You will be part of an integrated care team that includes psychiatrists, primary care physicians, and other health care staff within Kaiser Permanente.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
• Master's degree in social work or equivalent degree
• LCSW licensure in Virginia
• National Provider Identification (NPI)
• Strong assessment, diagnostic, and treatment planning skills
• Strong group therapy skills
• Efficient and effective practice management in a fast paced clinical setting
• Customer focus and ability to function as a team member
• Computer proficiency
• Bilingual preferred
Chemical Dependency requirements:
• Three years of experience in direct care of substances abuse clients in an ambulatory setting
• Substance abuse, chemical dependency, or addictions' certification preferred
• Experience working in a Chemical Dependency IOP preferred
• Thorough understanding of 12-step programs and the process of withdrawal preferred
• Five years of post-master's clinical experience in mental health
• One year experience providing the following: individual and group therapy, urgent care or crisis intervention, and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
• Depending on position, background working with adult or child and adolescent patient populations
• We prefer experience providing dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) and working with OCD, borderline personality disorder populations, ADHD, autism spectrum, eating disorders, and gender related issues
If you are interested in these excellent opportunities, please visithttp://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing the above job numbers. If you have any questions about these positions, you may e-mail Rhonda.M.Joseph@kp.org. © 2013 Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, Inc. Principals only. Drug-free workplace. Kaiser Permanente is an EEO/AA employer.
If you would like to hear the Kaiser Permanente story as told by our employees, watch the videos at kp.org/jobs/video. Follow us on twitter.com/KPCareers or visit the KP Careers tab on facebook.com/KPThrive.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente's code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Hiring Company: Home for Little Wanderers
Location: Mission Hill
*Provide case management services; act as a liaison with collateral agencies and programs; establish and maintain relationship services that support children's and family's growth.
*Provide individual, group and family therapy to children ages 8 to 15
*Act as an advocate for families, teach parents to advocate for themselves and their children.
*Help families develop the skills needed to navigate the social service system. Perform initial assessment and evaluation of new clients and families.
*Identify treatment needs and barriers to growth and development.
*Design treatment plans that address and specify outcomes. Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide quality care.
*Attend staff meetings and case conferences; present client material. Facilitate communication between various providers. Submit reports, documentation and billing in a timely manner. Ensure that documentation meets utilization review and quality assurance standards.
*Attend in-service training and outside seminars to enhance and develop clinical skills. May provide training, workshops and consultations to teachers, parents and collateral staff.
*Perform program specific duties and functions.
*Provide on-call coverage and crisis intervention as needed.
MSW or Masters Degree in Counseling, prior experience in working with children, adolescents and families
Salary Information: based on experience
Lead Crisis Clinician
Hiring Company: South Shore Mental Health
Location: Quincy, MA
South Shore Mental Health has an excellent opportunity for a Clinical Supervisor for the Adult and Child Intervention Team! The Clinical Supervisor works Monday through Friday from 4pm to midnight. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Crisis Clinical Supervisor utilizes a team approach to perform and supervise crisis evaluations for clients presenting to emergency services programs including children, adolescents and families. Responsibilities include telephone triage; screening and counseling; as well as face to face evaluations including obtainment of psychosocial histories; development of a crisis intervention team plan; crisis stabilization counseling and facilitation of dispositions. They provide consultation and clinical supervision to Crisis Clinicians as well as serve as clinical back up for the team.
Independent license such as LICSW, LMHC
Extensive experience in a crisis setting
Ability to make independent clinical assessments
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a clinical setting
Ability to motivate, engage, and mentor other members of the clinical team.
Previous supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Please visit our website for more information about South Shore Mental Health at www.ssmh.org.
Salary Information: $50, 000 - $55,000
Children's Corps Member
Hiring Company: Fostering Change for Children
Children's Corps continues to seek qualified applicants for 2013! Join us and other growing professionals like you for a job, a potential career and an opportunity to become part of Children's Corps expanding network!Children's Corps is a fresh new approach to strengthen the child welfare system. We are a community of professionals working to ensure that all children have safe, nurturing and stable homes.Inspired by the Teach for America model, Children's Corps looks for individuals who are dedicated to helping vulnerable children and families touched by the child welfare system. Once selected into Children's Corps, members will enter our five-week summer leadership academy, after which they are hired as caseworkers and/or sociotherapists by our partner agencies and will serve in all 5 boroughs of New York City and Westchester. Members are required to commit two years to their agency and to the work with children and families.
During these two years Children's Corps provides:
• An immediate job in New York City with full salary and benefits
• Five weeks of intensive, real-life training before starting the job
• Access to a personal and dedicated mentor
• On-going training and coaching for members
• A very close and supportive network of professionals, peers, and alumni
• A supportive place to accomplish your personal and professional goals.
*Members must complete the 5-week summer training program (in July) before being placed in our partner child welfare agencies. The Children's Corps approach strives to:
• Prepare its members to enter this field and meet the needs of children and families
• Fully support it's members and their peers as they undertake this rewarding and challenging work
• Foster a community of leaders committed to advocating for and leading efforts to make fundamental changes to the child welfare system
Children's Corps is seeking motivated individuals from all backgrounds (not just social work). Applicants must:
• Have at least a Bachelor's degree by June 2013
• Be a US citizen or permanent resident
*Bachelors & Masters in Social Work are highly encouraged to apply!
The ideal Children's Corps candidate is:
• Passionate about working to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
• Confident and resilient
• Very organized, able to set priorities and multi-task
• Willing to make a 2-year commitment to working in child welfare
Applications are available now. Please go towww. fosteringchangeforchildren. org/applytochildrenscorps.html and follow application directions. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Resumes must to be emailed with the application. Final deadline is March 10th, 2013 by 5 PM.
Upon selection for an interview, candidates will be required to submit 2 letters of recommendation and unofficial or official transcript.
Liv Anna Homstead
Salary Information: Full salary & benefits
Resident Services Coordinator with Dementia Specialty
Hiring Company: Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly
Location: Brighton, MA
The Resident Service Coordinator is responsible for service management within JCHE'sBrighton facilities. This position includes development of contacts with service providers andagencies for resident referrals and ongoing service management responsibility. The ResidentService Coordinator educates residents on available services and monitors provision ofservices. He or she works in conjunction with other Resident Services staff members. The Resident Service Coordinator in this position is assigned to engage with residents whoare exhibiting signs of various stages and types of dementia, with their families, and with theirservice providers. Bilingual/Russian Speaker is preferred.
1. Participate in the Alzheimer's Association train-the trainer program in HabilitationTherapy.
2. Utilize the Alzheimer's Association training to train direct services staff such as ResidentService Coordinators as well as other JCHE staff.
3. Work directly with residents exhibiting signs of various stages and types of dementia.
4. Assist residents with depression often associated with dementia.
5. Work closely with staff from agencies that service JCHE residents to establish andcoordinate needed services.
6. Work closely (with permission) with families of the residents who are experiencingdementia.
7. Plan activities for memory impaired residents; find volunteers to implement theseactivities.
8. Help to educate the general resident community regarding issues of dementia.
Personal Skills and Abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to
work with older adults, families, and community agencies. Good organizational skills, involving
the ability to manage time effectively and work independently. Good problem solving skills.
Collaborative style, good team work skills. Appropriate in dress and demeanor. Emotionally
1. Masters or Baccalaureate Degree, with concentration in Social Work, Gerontology, or
other related fields.
2. Expertise in working with older adults with dementia and their families and knowledge of
community agencies dedicated to this area.
3. Awareness of Federal and State entitlement programs.
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements
by email to email@example.com; by fax to (617) 912-8405, or by mail to Mary Murphy, Human
Resources Manager, JCHE, 30 Wallingford Road, Brighton, MA 02135. For further
information about JCHE and its Shillman House, see our website at www.jche.org. JCHE is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hiring Company: Old Colony Y
The Boys Detention Program is looking for a Unit Clinician. Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, Unit Clinicians will work with DYS adolescent males ages 11-18 years old in a staff secure program. Responsibilities include individual/group therapy, case management and crisis intervention. Schedule: Sunday-Thursday, hours vary (two late nights)Benefits: 10% retirement, 403b plan, competitive health and dental plan, tuition reimbursement, complimentary use of YMCA facilities along with vacation and holiday time.
MSW or Masters in a related field with license or license eligible.
Those with experience with adolescents, DBT, and working within DYS or DCF systems are encouraged to apply.
Salary Information: $38-45K commensurate with licensure status and experience.
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker/Licensed Mental Heatlh Counselor
Hiring Company: Framingham & Norwood Employment & Training Resources
Provides clinical services to customers that address psychosocial, environmental, age specificand cultural barriers in order to maximize their effective use of the Career Center and communityresources. Works effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team that promotes each customer'semotional, social and physical well-being. Participates on committees, updates/creates customerfocused workshops and collaborates with staff to assist customers dealing with loss of jobs,difficulty obtaining new employment and the grief cycle. Collaborates and consults with staffand provides social work consultation to other programs within the career center. Refers toand collaborates with outside agencies and other relevant community resources. Attends andparticipates in staff meetings and interdisciplinary meetings. Participates in formal and informalcase reviews and seminars. Proven history and ability to lead seminars and workshops. Travelbetween Norwood and Framingham sites.
Adheres to the profession's clinical standards and Code of Ethics.Adheres to the Career Center's standards, policies and procedures.Promotes Career Center's public relations and provides risk management.Adheres to Career Center's quality/safety standards.
Is responsible for own professional development. Attends pertinent continuing education andprofessional activities related to job responsibilities and career goals. Keeps current with socialwork and health care developments pertinent to job and profession. Complies with licensurerequirements.
- Master's degree in Social Work required
- Current Massachusetts license (LICSW or LMHC) required.
- Strong assessment and treatment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with the adult population and ability to relate to
adult populations who are facing choices of retirement versus continued employment into
the retirement years.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling effective collaboration.
- Demonstrates ability to understand the role of social worker in a Career Center setting
and to work independently in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Develops an effective working relationship with customers to engage, collaborate,
advocate and problem solve in order to enhance their functioning.
- Utilizes individual and/or group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrates competency in age specific behaviors, cultural issues and the impact of
illness on customers.
- Provides information, consultation and professional support to interdisciplinary team
members and colleagues.
- Shares knowledge of community agencies and resources. Ability to navigate systems
with staff and customers.
- Demonstrates initiative and leadership in developing services which respond to customer
- Documents according to Career Center policies and procedures.
- Maintains customer and Career Center confidentiality.
- Collaborates, consults and teaches.
To apply please email cover letter and resume to:
Employment and Training Resources, Norwood
Subject line: Licensed Counselor
Deadline: Friday February 15th 2013
Salary Information: $22-$24/hour depending on experience
Hiring Company: Priority Professional Care, LLC
Location: Mattapan Massachusetts
Provides clinical supervision and administrative direction to in-home clinician's [varying licensure]. Work under the supervision of the clinical & executive director's - in developing & implementing treatment policy, strategies, best-practice development, and procedures. Effectively works independently & as a team player. Able to understand and thrive in multicultural environments.
>Masters or Doctorate
>5+ years related experience
Salary Information: negotiable
Mental Health Clinician
Hiring Company: AIDS Action Committee
Location: Boston, MA
Responsible To: Senior Mental Health Clinician
Works with: Clients living with or at risk of contracting HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C; agency staff; family members and outside service providers
Job Objective: To provide mental health and/or substance use counseling and therapy, case coordination, crisis intervention and mental health referrals for people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS.
- Provide office, community, and drop in based mental health services to up to 50 clients living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS who are in need of, but not connected to mental health services. Conduct bio-psycho-social assessments to inform client diagnoses and client centered treatment plan.
- Provide clients with easily accessible and low-threshold services that operate within the harm reduction framework. This includes assisting clients with accessing mental health services on a walk-in, triage, and as-needed basis. Provide services primarily at AAC's main site and at the Men's Action Life Empowerment (MALE) Center.
- Employ a wide range of client centered and strengths-based techniques including harm reduction psychotherapy, motivational interviewing, solution focused therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and trauma informed therapy to treat mental health and substance use issues concurrently (when applicable).
- Work as part of an integrated team of client advocates, peer support advocates and clinical nurse specialist (and other essential staff as needed) to ensure that clients are connected to supports and services that will assist clients in optimizing health outcomes and move towards self-sufficiency. Work in conjunction with MALE Center staff to ensure the integration of mental health services into MSM prevention services.
- Provide clinical support and outreach within AAC's drop-in centers to form therapeutic relationships and trust with clients who use services within these venues.
- Work with and support clients in employing a range a of risk reduction and behavior change strategies. Collaborate with HIV negative and positive clients to reduce the likelihood of HIV transmission.
- Maintain close collaboration and communication with external medical and mental health providers, including all psychopharmacology prescribers, to help facilitate clients' connection to and engagement in medical care.
- Develop and maintain collaboration with a wide-range of mental health and substance use resources and treatment options within the Greater Boston area to refer and link clients to third party reimbursable and traditional treatment, as applicable. Provide linkage to culturally competent resources and treatment for those who are experiencing homelessness, active substance users, recent immigrants, people of color and/or people who identify as part of the GLBT community.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate psycho-educational groups on relevant topics, including mental health, substance use, adherence to medication and care, and health promotion.
- Counsel clients who are given reactive test results within their Counseling and Testing sessions. Provide ongoing support and referral for these newly diagnosed clients.
- Provide supervision to mental health interns.
- Attend department and agency meeting and trainings as required.
Currently licensed mental health professional (LICSW or LCSW) in the State of MA;
Bilingual in Haitian Creole/English or Spanish/English strongly preferred;
Experience working with adult clients who have mental health and/or addiction issues and knowledge of and commitment to using a harm reduction, motivational interviewing, strengths-based and client centered treatment modalities;
Comfort and experience in providing treatment in nontraditional settings such as drop in centers and other community settings;
Experience with risk reduction, behavior change and HIV/HCV/STI prevention strategies;
Experience with group facilitation and training;
Expertise working with men who have sex with men is required;
Experience working with the following populations is desired: women of color, GLBT, immigrants, people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS and/or medical issues, substance use (specifically crystal meth), homelessness, mental illness, poverty and trauma;
Knowledge and/or experience in social justice issues;
Capacity to work independently and as part of interdisciplinary team.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter with position specified to:
Professional Recruitment Box WS
75 Amory St.
Boston, MA 02119
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Master's Level Clinician -- Bilingual LICSW
Hiring Company: Family Health Center of Worcester
Location: Worcester, MA
Family Health Center of Worcester is a community-based health center offering a wide range of medical, dental and social services. We provide the community with high quality, culturally competent health care.
Master's Level Clinician —Bilingual LICSW
Bilingual English/Spanish required
Why Work with Us?
Our clinicians work collaboratively with medical providers to provide patients of the health center with optimal medical and behavioral health. You will be exposed to a wide range of clientele with diverse backgrounds. You will work in a collegial setting to provide counseling to patients of all ages — adults, adolescents, and children. We have a robust internship program which helps to provide professional rapport and support. We believe you will find our team to be an intellectually stimulating environment.
Do You Have the Following Attributes?
• Passion for psychotherapy with all age groups
• Enjoy working as part of an integrated care team
• Motivated by a learning environment
--- Equal Opportunity Employer ---
Come join us at Family Health Center - apply today to become a member of our staff!
At Family Health Center we believe everyone deserves quality care.
• Must currently hold or be immediately eligible for LICSW.
• Master's degree in social work is required.
• Bilingual candidates English/Spanish required
Qualified candidates should mail or fax a resume to:
Human Resources Team
Family Health Center of Worcester, Inc.
26 Queen Street
Worcester, MA 01610 Checkout our website at: www.fhcw.org
Fax: (508) 860 - 7990
Hiring Company: Bournewood Health Systems
Location: Brookline, MA
Knowledge of aftercare referral system is required; previous experience with discharge planning is preferred. Strong organizational skills are required. Experience working the adults with mental illness and substance abuse issues is preferred. Knowledge of group dynamics and ability to facilitate therapeutic groups is preferred. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
MSW required; LCSW is preferred
Please fill out the online application here: http://www.bournewood.com/jobs.php