B.A.,University of Rochester; MBA, New York University
Cathy E. Minehan is the Dean of the School of Management at Simmons College. The Simmons MBA program is ranked #1 in opportunities for women by the Princeton Review, and was designated #4 small school MBA program for integrating social responsibility and sustainability by the Aspen Institute.
Ms. Minehan retired from the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston in July 2007 after 39 years with the Federal Reserve System, having served as the President and Chief Executive of the Boston Bank and a member of the Federal Open Market Committee from July 1994 on. She is a graduate of the University of Rochester and is chairman of the Executive Committee of the University of Rochester Board of Trustees. She holds an MBA from New York University and was named a distinguished Alumna from New York University in 1995. She also serves as Managing Director of Arlington Advisory Partners LLC, an entity she uses to house her various profit and non-profit positions. Ms. Minehan is a director of VISA Inc., the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, and MITRE Corporation. She is also Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Massachusetts General Hospital, a Board Member of Partners Healthcare System, and Chairman of the Massachusetts Governor's Council of Economic Advisors. She serves on a number of other non-profit boards in the areas of health care, education and public broadcasting. She is an elected fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and a recipient of many other honors and distinctions.
Awards & Accolades
- Honorary Degree Recipient from Simmons College (1999), Providence College (1998), Bentley College (1996), the University of Massachusetts at Boston (1995), The College of the Holy Cross (1995), and Stonehill College (1995).
- Elected Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (2009)
- Recipient of the "New Englander of the Year" award from the New England Council (2002) and the Pinnacle Award for lifetime achievement by the Boston Chamber of Commerce (2006).
- Leadership awards from the Patriots' Trail Girl Scouts (1996) the Boston YWCA (1996) and The Park Street Corporation (1996); the New England Women's Leadership Award (1995) and the International Women's Forum "Women Who Make a Difference Award" (1995), and more recently, awards from the Women's Economic Round Table for a distinguished career in banking (1999), the Boston Partners in Education Award for leadership in supporting educational partnerships (2000) and the Medal of Hope award presented by the Organization for a New Equality (2000).
- VISA, Inc.; Member Audit Committee, 9/07 — Present
- Member, Board of Directors, MITRE Corporation; Member Audit and compensation committees; Chair Diversity Committee, 7/09 — Present
- Member, Board of Directors, MassMutual Life Insurance Company; Member audit and investment committees, 8/09 — Present
Major Non-Profit Boards
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Member, Investment Committee, Controlled Risk Insurance Company (CRICO)
- Member, Board of Trustees, Partners Health Care System; Member, Finance and Executive Committees
- Member, Board of Trustees, University of Rochester; Chair of Executive Committee
- Director, MIT Investment Company Board
- Member, Board of Trustees, WGBH
- Massachusetts Governor's Council of Economic Advisors; Chair 3/08 — Present
- Member, Board of Directors, Council on Economic Education
- Member, Board of Directors, Massachusetts Business Roundtable
- Member, Board of Directors, Boston Municipal Research Bureau