- MPA, Masters in Public Administration, Columbia University
- B.A. in Economics and International Studies, Manhattanville College
Deborah Leipziger is an author, lecturer and advisor in the field of corporate responsibility (CR). She advises companies, governments, and UN agencies on CR and sustainability issues. She has advised leading multinational companies on strategic and supply chain issues, as well as a wide range of CR initiatives, including the UN Global Compact, the Global Reporting Initiative, the UN Environment Programme, and Social Accountability International.
Ms. Leipziger is the author of The Corporate Responsibility Code Book, now in its second edition (Greenleaf, 2010) and co-author of Living Corporate Citizenship (FT, 2002) and Corporate Citizenship: Successful Strategies of Responsible Companies, (FT, 1998). She is the author of Social Accountability 8000: The Definitive Guide to the New Social Standard (FT Prentice Hall, 2001). Her books have been translated into Portuguese, French, Korean, and Chinese.
She is an expert in the area of codes of conduct and social standards. She played a leading role in the development of Social Accountability 8000 and has advised a number of CSR initiatives, including the UN Global Compact, the Global Reporting Initiative, and the Danish Institute for Human Rights Impact Assessment. She has advised companies around the world on human rights and business, conducting due diligence using the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
Ms. Leipziger is a Senior Fellow at the Lewis Institute at Babson College, where she is working on a text book on social value creation. As of 2013, Ms. Leipziger is an Adjunct Faculty member at the Simmons School of Management. She serves as a member of several boards including the Global Responsible Investment Advisory and Oversight Committee of Aviva plc and the Sustainable Futures Advisory Committee of Alliance Trust Investments in the UK. She has served on the International Board of Advisors of Instituto Ethos in Brazil and the Advisory Board for the Center for Ethics at Manhattanville College, USA. Ms. Leipziger was ranked as one of the top 100 people in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility by CSR International.
Born in Brazil, Ms. Leipziger has a Masters in Public Administration from Columbia University and a Bachelor of Arts from Manhattanville College in Economics and International Studies. For more information, go to http://deborahleipziger.com/.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: People, Planet and Profits
- Sustainability and Strategy
- Human Rights and Business
- Codes of conduct and social standards
- Social Value Creation
- Social Innovation
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Emerging language in the field of sustainability
- Keynote Address, Just Business Plenary, Consortium of Olin School of Engineering, Babson and Wellesley on April 27, 2013 at the Olin School of Engineering, "Creating a Lexicon for Change: The Emerging Language of Sustainability"
- Lecture, Bard MBA in Sustainability, New York City on May 10-12, 2013, "Codes of Conduct and Management Systems"