Professor of Practice
- B.A., Allegheny College
- MBA, Simmons School of Management
Mary Finlay is a Professor of Practice and brings 25 years of experience into her classes of Healthcare IT Management, Project Management, and Strategic and Analytical Decision Making. She also teaches in the Harvard School of Public Health's certificate programs on project management and Leadership Strategies for Information Technology. Previously, she was the Deputy Chief Information Officer of Partners HealthCare System, Inc. and Chief Information Officer of Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Mary is the former Chair of the Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council, an association of 500 members. She currently serves on the IT Subcommittee of the Board for UMASS Memorial Medical Center and the board of YearUp. She has been recognized with leadership awards from the Simmons School of Management, CIO, the New England Business and Technology Association, and Babson College.
- IT Subcommittee of Board for UMASS Memorial Medical Center
- Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council
- Boston Chapter of the Society of Information Management (SIM)
Mary does selective consulting engagements in the areas of IT Strategy and effectiveness as well as coaching focused on women in technology.
- "Healthcare IT: The Most Complex Domain That Exists," Brandeis University, July 2012
- "A Roadmap for Electronic Medical Record Adoption: How to Ensure Success of a Significant Technology Implementation," St. Patrick's Hospital, Dublin, June 2012
- "Web 2.0 in Healthcare," Harvard School of Public Health, January 2012
- "The PMO Debate," World Congress Leadership Summit on Project Management, December 2011