The Simmons Health Care MBA Admission Committee seeks applicants who demonstrate solid accomplishments in educational and professional health care settings, have at least two years of full-time work experience, and possess leadership potential in the health care industry. In making its decisions, the Committee aims to measure the suitability of each applicant's background with a rigorous program of study, to help ensure that students will achieve academic success in the program and professional success thereafter. The Committee does not follow a formula in making its decisions; rather, it strives to evaluate a candidate's ability, aptitude and promise. Candidates are encouraged to submit application components as they are completed. The Office of Admission will notify you upon receipt and will provide you with a reminder of what may be missing.
All candidates are required to submit the following materials:
- A completed application form
- Three essays
- Three letters of recommendation. Please include at least one recommendation that relates to your experience or aspirations in health care leadership.
- An official transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate level courses, including official transcripts from all study-abroad courses.*
- An official GMAT or GRE score report
- GMAT (the code is 6PD-2C for Simmons SOM)
- GRE (the code is 8355 for Simmons SOM)
- A current resume
- A non-refundable application fee of $75.00
- Admission interview (by invitation only)
*International transcripts must be officially translated and evaluated for educational equivalency.
Please contact admissions at 617-521-3840 if you have any questions about the admission process.