- September 15-19, 2014
Place: Simmons School of Management, Boston, MA
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to become an influential leader in your organization. Join our internationally recognized faculty for a transformative experience where you will master key leadership competencies, including understanding and using power, team building and communication styles--with an emphasis on how gender dynamics impact organizational behavior and workplace culture. Our innovative combination of case study analysis, personal coaching, group problem-solving and action planning helps you learn how gender affects the ways you take on leadership roles and how to strategically make your contributions visible and valued.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals in middle- to senior-level positions who are looking to take on enhanced leadership responsibility within their departments and organizations
- Women from all functional areas and industries.
How You Will Benefit
As a participant, you will:
- Gain perspective on your leadership style and identify ways to strengthen your practices via a 360° leadership assessment tool
- Analyze real case studies that highlight women protagonists and apply new skills to reinforce learning
- Understand how strategic mentoring and networking can impact your career and the careers of others in your organization
- Receive personal coaching on specific leadership issues, challenges, and career aspirations
- Share best practices for integrating work and personal life
- Develop career strategies, including an action plan that allows you to create the conditions for your own success
- Network with senior-level women executives from a variety of industries
- Participate in role playing and active problem solving that will help ensure you will be able to immediately apply your learning when you return to your organization
In a survey of program participants, 85% reported that they now contribute to their company at a higher level.
"I am better prepared to lead organization-wide special initiatives because of my increased capacity to think and manage from a strategic perspective while ensuring that the necessary details are being addressed."
Program fee is $4,600 and includes:
- Classroom instruction
- Most meals
Partial scholarships are available for women leaders in the non-profit sector. For more information, please contact Elisa van Dam, Director of Executive Education, at 617-521-3869 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simmons alumnae are eligible for a 15% discount. Simmons grants 7.5 continuing education credits (CEUs) for the Strategic Leadership for Women program.
Bring This Program to You!
Simmons can also deliver this program directly to your organization, at the location of your choice. For more information, contact Elisa van Dam at 617-521-3869 or email@example.com. See also information on our custom programs.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing. Cancellations received more than 30 days before the start of the program will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations received between 21 and 30 days prior to the program start receive a 50% refund. There is no refund for cancellations made within 20 days of the start of the program.