The School of Management's Mission
The Simmons College School of Management is a premier source of transformative business and professional education aimed at creating successful, principled leaders for the competitive business world of today and tomorrow. Our unique MBA program is designed to educate women to be powerful leaders in their chosen endeavors. Other SOM graduate programs educate women and men to be leaders in health care and to achieve success in a diverse group of management specialties. Our undergraduate business degree creates the opportunity for workplace success right out of college. Our faculty brings excellent teaching, research, and real world experience to their specialties. We generate cutting edge research and thought leadership in gender and diversity dynamics in organizations through our Center for Gender in Organizations and in health services research and policy through our Center for Research in Health Policy and Management. We are an authoritative resource and a key partner for organizations committed to strengthening their performance through the recruitment, retention, and advancement of women as organizational leaders.
The School of Management's Vision
We are committed to educating students to be leaders who understand the necessity to be both exceptional at what they do, and principled in how they do it. We focus on students as individuals: we invest in their success and support them as they launch, advance and change their careers. We are committed to the advancement of knowledge and practice in management through superior, distinctive education and research. Our multiple programs incorporate rigorous, applied management education and entrepreneurial insights through classroom experiences and internships. Our programs integrate the strategic, functional, and behavioral aspects of management and our students gain the knowledge and analytical skills they need to successfully lead in dynamic, global environments.
The School of Management Values
- Strategic, rigorous, and experienced-based management education
- Decision-making supported by critical thinking and analytical skills
- Industry interaction that informs our teaching, offers internships and employment opportunities to our students, and creates value for our industry partners
- Problem-solving capability in complex environments under uncertain conditions
- Thought leadership and cutting-edge practice in analyzing, understanding, and addressing gender and diversity dynamics in organizations
- Ethical, socially responsible, and sustainable management practices that enhance both the performance of organizations and the welfare of society
- Innovation, change leadership, and entrepreneurship in the for-profit, nonprofit, and governmental sectors
- Faculty excellence in teaching
- Thoughtful integration of teaching, research, and practice
- The diversity of our students and the value that diversity brings to improving effectiveness in both the classroom and the organization
- Continuous improvement of teaching and of learning experiences in response to changing environments.
- A dynamic and committed community of faculty and staff
- A vibrant network of students, alumnae, employers, and partners as a critical resource for individuals and for the School