Post-Master's Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (C.A.G.S.) Health Professions Education
Thank you for your interest in Simmons. This page describes the requirements and procedures for applying to the Certificate in Advanced Graduate Study in Health Professions Education(CAGS HP ED). If you have questions, please check the FAQs on the website first, and then feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 617-521-2605. Note that our TOEFL code is 3761 and our FAFSA Code is 002208.
Application Deadline Dates
October 1 for Spring (January) entry
June 1 for Fall (September) entry
Note: There is no guarantee that late or incomplete applications will be considered.
Academic Records: Transcripts
Official transcripts for all courses completed (undergraduate and graduate) at regionally accredited U.S.post-secondary institutions,whether or not a degree was awarded or regardless of when the courses were taken or if the courses are specific to the SNHS program you are applying to are required. This requirement includes courses which appear on another transcript as transfer or study abroad credit. If you attended a study abroad program and a separate transcript exists, send that as well. Educational documents should clearly indicate the degree and date awarded. Such transcripts must be received in signed/sealed envelopes. Photocopies or copies "issued to student" are not acceptable.
If you earned a degree abroad, academic records must include end of year marks sheets for each year of attendance, not just final exam results or a copy of the degree. Educational documents should clearly indicate the degree and date awarded. Overseas post-secondary institutions must be recognized by the Ministry of Education in the home country. Academic records in the native language and an official English translation (if needed) are required. English translations must be provided by someone other than the applicant, family member or friend. It may also be necessary for the applicant to submit an interpretation by a foreign credential services agency. Interpretations of foreign credentials by an evaluation service do not replace official academic records. These evaluations are assessments of the curriculum and are not accepted in lieu of official academic documents. Contact our office at 617-521-2605 to determine if this is needed. When you call, please be prepared to provide the name of the institution and country where the degree was earned.
For applicants who have taken courses in the U.S. or earned a degree in the U.S., request an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) so that you can refer to it/them when completing the required GPA calculations in the application. If you receive officially signed/sealed envelopes from an institution, do not open them before submitting as this will render the transcript as unofficial.
You are required to calculate and submit GPA calculations for undergraduate and graduate courses.
You can download these forms as a single PDF below:
To assist you in calculating GPAs, please refer to the Grading Scale below:
The recommendation procedure is a two-part process. All recommendations should be written on official preprinted letterhead stationery, not on a computer-generated template. All forms and recommendations should include original inked signatures. No emails, faxes or photocopies of these materials can be accepted. Please either send the link below to your recommenders or download, print and send the forms to them. These documents cannot be sent electronically.
You can download the application recommendation forms as a single PDF below:
All applicants must submit the following :
- An electronic application and all supporting paper materials.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50(unless an appropriate waiver code is included: SNHS will provide this code).
- All official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (whether or not a degree was awarded or if the courses were taken some time ago, were not specific to the program for which you are applying, or appear on another transcript as study abroad or transfer credit). Student copies are not considered official. Allow ample time to request transcripts so that you can submit them by the deadline date.
- If you were born outside of the U.S. but have U.S. citizenship, please provide evidence such as a copy of your U.S. Passport. Photocopies are not legible.
- Two letters of recommendation (one from an employment supervisor and if possible one from a faculty member) on letterhead stationery with original signatures in signed, sealed envelopes. These individuals should not represent a single facility or institution. See the recommendation forms in the link above.
Sent separately: TOEFL
- Applicants whose first language is not English must submit an official TOEFL score from the Educational Testing Service (ETS), taken within two years prior to the application deadline. The official score report must be sent directly by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to SNHS.The TOEFL requirement is based on native language, not citizenship status. No other English proficiency exam will be accepted. The TOEFL is waived for applicants who have graduated at the bachelor's or master's level from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a post secondary institution abroad that is recognized by the Ministry of Education in the host country in English- speaking countries only. Copies of student score reports are not acceptable.
Since there are six admission offices at Simmons,send all required paper materials to:
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Office of Admission
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115-5898
Please note: Due to U.S. immigration policies, students requiring an F-1 student visa must be enrolled full time; the C.A.G.S. Health Professions Education program is part time. Taking classes as a non degree student is not possible.