Mission, Vision, & Objectives
The Simmons College School of Library and Information Science imagines an interconnected world with a diverse and engaged citizenry empowered by information, cultural heritage, and technology; in which the information disciplines and creativity improve lives; and where literature, knowledge, and collective wisdom are preserved and celebrated.
The Simmons College School of Library and Information Science prepares students for inspired service, advocacy, and leadership in library and information science, archives, computer science, and children's and young adult literature.
Mission and Vision voted in at the November 12, 2014 Faculty Meeting.
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Apply professional standards, tools, and best practices in the information field and across specialized areas.
2. Communicate effectively to different audiences through use of oral, written, and visual formats across multiple media
3. Develop appropriate technology strategies across a range of information settings.
4. Critically analyze and apply research.
5. Evaluate and create information services and/or systems to reflect and respond to the needs of diverse communities and stakeholders.
6. Demonstrate individual and collaborative leadership ability.
7. Be guided by professional ethics and values.
Program Learning Outcomes voted in by the faculty on September 10, 2014.