Leading by Example
The achievements, dedication, and collaborative spirit of Simmons's faculty and staff make our community special. To recruit and retain the best, we offer highly competitive salaries and generous benefits, such as long-term care insurance and childcare subsidies.
Faculty and Staff Facts
- Faculty research awards from funders such as the Ford Foundation, Freeman Foundation, the National Science Foundation, and United Institute of Peace
- 141 full-time faculty members; 50% hold tenure status.
- Percentage of Liberal Arts Faculty who have Doctorates: 100%
- 300 full-time staff members
- Approximately 200 part-time faculty (most are clinical faculty with fulltime jobs in schools, hospitals, businesses, etc.)
- A 13:1 student/faculty ratio ensures that every student gets personal attention.
- Average class size: 18
- Internationally recognized faculty, including the faculty at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science who work to educate librarians in Kosovo, Iraq, and Vietnam; and College of Arts and Sciences and School of Health Sciences faculty, who build health clinics in Latin America.
Read recent faculty highlights from our blog:
- Know Your Professor: Wanda Torres Gregory
- Susan Bloom's Best Children's and Young Adult Books of 2011
- Simmons and the Boston Teachers Union lead first of its kind public school
- Science at Simmons integrates lab training with original research
- Expert historian believes Mary Surratt guilty in 'Conspirator'
- Professors Bailey, Sealey talk about their careers in social work
- Science students turn trash into treasure
- Do we still need libraries? GSLIS Prof Amy Pattee says yes
- Susan Bloom's Best Children's and Young Adult Books of 2010
- Professor Vaughn Sills' book named a favorite of 2010