Ann Fudge, former Young & Rubicam Brands CEO, Named to Distinguished Panel
BOSTON (March 2, 2010) — Simmons College graduate Ann Fudge, former CEO Young & Rubicam Brands, one of the world's leading global marketing communications groups, has been named to the bipartisan National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform.
Fudge, a graduate of Simmons College and Harvard Business School, served as chairman and chief executive officer of Young & Rubicam from 2003 to 2006. Prior to joining Young & Rubicam, she worked at General Mills and General Foods, where she served in a number of senior executive positions.
Fudge has been named by Fortune magazine among the 50 most powerful women in business; Time magazine named her one of the top "Global Business Influentials." In 2007, Ebony presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award for her accomplishments in the field of marketing and advertising. Fudge serves on the boards of the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, the Gates Foundation, and the Rockefeller Foundation.
The 18-member commission was created to come up with recommendations for steps to reduce the federal deficit, which is forecast to hit a record $1.6 trillion this year. The group will make recommendations to Congress by December 1, 2010 that put the budget in primary balance by 2015 and meaningfully improve the long-term fiscal outlook.
President Obama has named six bipartisan appointees to the commission. Senate and House leaders will appoint the remaining 12 members of the panel (three each by the Republican and Democratic leaders of both chambers). Other bipartisan members include:
- Erskine Bowles, former White House Chief of Staff (panel co-chair)
- Alan Simpson, former Republican Senate Whip (panel co-chair)
- David Cote, chief executive officer of Honeywell International Inc.
- Alice Rivlin, former Federal Reserve Vice Chairman
- Andy Stern, president of the Service Employees International Union
Simmons College is a nationally recognized private university located in the heart of Boston. It offers undergraduate education for women, and renowned coeducational graduate programs in health sciences, education, liberal arts, social work, library and information science, and communications management, as well as the nation's first MBA program designed specifically for women.
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes
August 6, 2014
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- Simmons College Names Regina M. Pisa Chair of Board of Trustees
June 25, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight