To Fund Scholarships, Research, and Financial Aid
BOSTON (November 2, 2009) — The Simmons College Board of Trustees recently voted to approve the largest fundraising campaign in the history of the College. The "Making Education Work" campaign has a goal of $85 million and will conclude in June 2014.
"As president and an alumna of two of Simmons's graduate programs, I am extremely proud that our trustees have embraced this ambitious goal," said Simmons College President Helen Drinan. "This campaign is a signal to our community — and to the world — that Simmons is indeed worthy of great philanthropy in today's educational landscape."
The Making Education Work campaign will raise money for practical and essential initiatives. It will focus on helping to make Simmons more affordable by providing funds for financial aid and scholarships. The campaign also will help to enhance Simmons's core academic strengths by providing funds for research, internships, and study-abroad programs. For more information, visit www.alumnet.simmons.edu/campaign
In recent months, Simmons has been recognized by several prestigious organizations:
- Named one of America's Best Colleges" in U.S.News & World Report, one of the nation's "Best 371 Colleges" by the Princeton Review, and one of "America's Best Colleges 2009" by Forbes.com
- Recognized by the Aspen Institute as one of the top 15 most socially responsible MBA programs in the world
- Ranked #1 by the 2010 Princeton Review as the business school with the "Greatest Opportunity for Women"
- Ranked among the nation's top 10 schools of library and information studies by U.S.News & World Report
- For three years in a row, named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll — the highest federal recognition an institution can achieve for commitment to service learning and civic engagement
Simmons is a nationally recognized private university located in Boston. It offers an undergraduate education for women, and coeducational graduate programs in health sciences, education, liberal arts, social work, library and information science, and communications management, as well as the nation's first MBA program designed specifically for women.
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to Deliver Keynote Address at 35th Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
December 11, 2013
- Simmons College Hosts National Discussion on Gender Diversity on Corporate Boards, Nov. 12
October 31, 2013
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents "Comestibles"
October 24, 2013
- Simmons College Makes Kiplinger’s “Best Value” Top 100 Private Colleges List
October 22, 2013
- Simmons School of Management Ranked #1 "Greatest Opportunity For Women" in Nation by The Princeton Review
October 15, 2013
- See All 2013 Releases »
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight