BOSTON (August 7, 2009) — Simmons College in Boston has been named by Forbes.com as one of "America's Best Colleges 2009." Simmons is among a select group of 600 colleges in the ranking, representing 15% of the nearly 4,000 colleges in the U.S. This is the second year in a row that Simmons College has appeared on this distinctive list.
"Simmons is focused on preparing students for lifetime success. Inclusion on this list and other rankings gives credence to this promise," said Simmons College President Helen Drinan.
Last month, Simmons College was named one of the nation's "Best 371 Colleges" in the Princeton Review's 2010 college guidebook, which chooses schools based on outstanding academics and an 80-question student survey that focuses on the schools' academics, administration, campus life, and student body.
Data for the Forbes.com rankings were gathered and analyzed by the Center for College Affordability and Productivity. According to Forbes, there were several factors involved in the ranking methodology including: alumnae/i listed in the 2008 edition of "Who's Who in America"; alumnae/i salaries from PayScale.com; student evaluations from Ratemyprofessors.com; and four-year debt load for typical student borrowers (20%).
Founded in 1899, Simmons College is a nationally recognized university located in the heart of Boston. It includes an undergraduate college for women, and graduate programs for women and men in management, social work, health sciences, and library and information science.
- Simmons School of Management Professor Joins U.S. National Women’s Business Council
August 26, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes
August 6, 2014
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight