BOSTON (July 2, 2009) — Simmons College has appointed Michele Cohen as director of the Trustman Art Gallery, director of the college's arts administration program, and faculty member in the Department of Art and Music.
Since 1989, Cohen has served as the founding director of the nationally recognized Public Art for Public Schools program of the New York City public schools, where she has managed an extensive historic collection and overseen more than two hundred new commissions by leading contemporary artists. She holds a Ph.D. in Art History from the Graduate Center of City University of NewYork and has published and lectured widely on 20th-century and public art. Her most recent book, just released by The Monacelli Press, Public Art for Public Schools, includes a foreword by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and places new commissions in a historical context, offering a new perspective on American public art.
"The vast range of experience Cohen brings to her new leadership roles will add to the strength and success of two exceptional and highly visible components of the college," said Robert Oppenheim, interim director of the Trustman Gallery.
The Trustman Art Gallery is wheelchair accessible. For more information, contact Marcia Lomedico at 617-521-2268, or visit the gallery's website at www.simmons.edu/trustman.
- Simmons College Named to President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll 8 Years in a Row
December 17, 2014
- Top Leaders Join Simmons College and Girl Scouts to Support Girls
November 6, 2014
- Simmons College Hosts National Conversation on Gender Diversity on Corporate Boards, Nov. 20
November 5, 2014
- Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin and Media Mogul Arianna Huffington to Speak at 36th Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
October 15, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Clara Lieu: Emerge
October 9, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight