BOSTON (September 2, 2008) — Simmons College in Boston has been named one of the nation's "great schools for education majors" by Princeton Review.
Simmons was one of only 57 colleges in the nation chosen for the recognition, from more than 1,000 undergraduate schools from which data was collected. Princeton Review recently published the list of "great schools for education majors" in the print edition of its 2009 "Best 368 Colleges."
Princeton Review editors said they compiled the list by looking at institutional data, consulting with the National College Counselor Advisory Panel, and considering recommendations from guidance counselors, college admission counselors, and other education experts from around the country.
Simmons-prepared teachers consistently score in the top echelon on the Massachusetts licensure exam (99th percentile), and nearly 100 percent of its general education and special education students secure teaching positions within three months of graduation.
The Simmons education program offers undergraduate programs in general education and special education; a Master of Arts in Teaching for teaching at the elementary, middle and high school levels; master's and doctoral programs in Applied Behavioral Analysis with a focus on autism; Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language; an Urban Elementary Education Program for training and support for beginning urban teachers; and an Educational Leadership program for educators who want to pursue a career as a school administrator.
- Simmons School of Management Professor Joins U.S. National Women’s Business Council
August 26, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes
August 6, 2014
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight