BOSTON (July 29, 2008) — Simmons College in Boston has been named one of the nation's " Best 368 Colleges" in the Princeton Review's newly published 2009 college guidebook, an honor held by 15 percent of the four-year colleges in America.
The Princeton Review editors said the schools in their guidebook are "first-rate academically," but with varying campus cultures and offerings. Inclusion was based on the editors' survey of 120,000 students attending the colleges (about 325 per campus average). The 80-question survey asked students about the schools' academics, administration, campus life, student body, and themselves.
In their summary of Simmons College, the Princeton Review guidebook editors said the undergraduate women's college's "excellent academics and Boston location make Simmons a worthy option" for women.
The guidebook quoted Simmons students saying that they get "a lot of opportunity to work closely with faculty," praising the college's "excellent facilities, including an amazing library and the large career resource department," and appreciating "small classes that allow great discussions."
Students also spoke highly of Simmons's range of ethnicities in the student body, saying that "it's great that everyone is cool with everyone else."
Founded in 1899, Simmons College is a nationally recognized university located in the heart of Boston. It includes an undergraduate college for women, and graduate programs for women and men in management, social work, health sciences, and library and information science.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight