BOSTON (November 7, 2007) — Simmons College senior Sarah Daniel of Rochester (Ma), has been named to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District Women's Soccer First Team, as presented by the College Sports Information Directors Association (CoSIDA).
This honor is awarded to only 11 student-athletes in District 1 in the College Division. The College Division includes colleges and universities nationwide with Division II and III athletic programs, as well as those affiliated with the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) division; Simmons College has a Division III athletic program.
As tri-captain, Daniel ranked third on the Simmons team, with seven goals and three assists for a total of 17 points. Daniel, a midfielder, also recorded three game-winning goals for the Simmons Sharks, which tied her for fourth overall in the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) this season.
A physical therapy major, Daniel holds a 3.86 GPA and was a member of the GNAC All-Academic Squad last season. (This season's squad will be announced this spring). She is a member of the National Athlete Honor Society and serves on the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee. A member of the Simmons College Dean's List, Daniel also was recently inducted into the Simmons Academy, the college's honor society, for being in the top 6 percent of her class.
As a First Team Academic All-District selection, Daniel now qualifies for the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American team, which will be announced in December.
- Simmons School of Management Professor Joins U.S. National Women’s Business Council
August 26, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes
August 6, 2014
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight