BOSTON (April 11, 2007) — In an April 10 "New York Times" op-ed, Gwen Ifill, a 1977 graduate of Simmons College and a nationally known public television broadcaster, addressed the racist and sexist comments radio host Don Imus recently made about the Rutgers University women's basketball team.
In her piece, Ifill writes, "This country will only flourish once we consistently learn to applaud and encourage the young people who have to work harder just to achieve balance on the unequal playing field. Let's see if we can manage to build them up and reward them, rather than opting for the cheapest, easiest, most despicable shots."
Ifill is a senior correspondent for public television's "The NewsHour With Jim Lehrer" and the moderator and managing editor of "Washington Week."
To read the entire op-ed, click here
- Simmons College Hosts National Discussion on Gender Diversity on Corporate Boards, Nov. 12
October 31, 2013
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents "Comestibles"
October 24, 2013
- Simmons College Makes Kiplinger’s “Best Value” Top 100 Private Colleges List
October 22, 2013
- Simmons School of Management Ranked #1 "Greatest Opportunity For Women" in Nation by The Princeton Review
October 15, 2013
- International Expert On Corporate Gender Diversity Joins Simmons School of Management Faculty
October 2, 2013
- See All 2013 Releases »
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight