Four Scholarships to Aid Students Interested in Public Librarianship
BOSTON (April 10, 2005) — The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation recently awarded $66,240 to the Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS) in Boston, along with its popular western Massachusetts location on the Mt. Holyoke College campus. The grant will aid four full-time students committed to earning master's degrees in library science and pursuing careers in public librarianship.
"This grant is a wonderful way for Simmons to serve public libraries throughout Massachusetts," said GSLIS Dean Michéle Cloonan. "With our new program in western Massachusetts at Mt. Holyoke, we hope to be able to award scholarships to students in that part of the state."
The scholarships are available beginning in fall 2003, and may be awarded through spring 2005. For more information, contact GSLIS Assistant Dean Em Claire Knowles at 617-521-2798.
The Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science has one of the largest library and information science master's program in the nation and places librarians around the world. The GSLIS campus at Mt. Holyoke College allows students in western New England to more easily pursue a master's degree in library and information science.
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- Simmons College Names Regina M. Pisa Chair of Board of Trustees
June 25, 2014
- Contrary to Popular View, Working Women Do Negotiate For Career Success, Study Says
June 13, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight