BOSTON (September 23, 2005) — Simmons College was named a "Best College" in its category in the 2006 US News & World Report edition of "America's Best Colleges." Simmons also was included in the 2006 Princeton Review "Best 361 Colleges."
US News & World Report named Simmons in the top tier of schools in its category of masters-level universities in the northern United States. The overall "best college" ranking was determined by considering such factors as a school's academic reputation, graduation and retention rate, faculty resources, student selectivity, financial resources and alumni giving rate.
The Princeton Review editors said their main factor for selection of schools was "our high regard for their academic programs." Only 15 percent of the four-year undergraduate colleges in America were included; the rankings were based on Princeton Review's survey of 110,000 students attending the colleges.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight