BOSTON (November 10, 2004) — Simmons College Professor Jyoti Puri has been awarded one of 800 national 2004-2005 Fulbright scholarships.
Puri, an associate professor of sociology and women's studies, will conduct research on sexual minorities, the state and law in India. Her research will take place at the National Council of Applied Economic Research in New Delhi, India, from May 2005 to Sept. 2005.
Established in 1946, the Fulbright Scholarship program has supported 87,500 U.S. and foreign scholars. These individuals have contributed to history as they crossed physical and cultural borders, adding a vital dimension to academia and the professional world.
In addition to U.S. faculty and professionals who receive Fulbright grants to lecture and conduct research abroad, a similar number of foreign scholars receive awards to come to the United States.
Simmons is a nationally recognized small, private, and predominately women's university in the heart of Boston. It has undergraduate programs for women, and graduate programs for women and men.
- Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin and Media Mogul Arianna Huffington to Speak at 36th Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
October 15, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Clara Lieu: Emerge
October 9, 2014
- Simmons College School of Management Ranked the #1 "Greatest Opportunity For Women" in Nation by The Princeton Review
October 8, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Randy Garber: High Strung
September 12, 2014
- Simmons Encore Series Features Dr. Lois Frankel, Carol Frohlinger & Victoria Labalme, Oct. 1
September 10, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight