Simmons College Conference March 11 to Focus on Diverse Leadership Strategies
BOSTON (March 1, 2004) — Women from across Boston will share their diverse leadership skills at a Simmons College conference Thursday, March 11 from 3-5 p.m. in the Simmons College third floor Conference Center, 300 The Fenway. The event is free and open to the public, but space is limited. A networking reception will follow.
The event, "Colors of Leadership: Women Making a Difference," will celebrate the diverse leadership of women in Greater Boston. Women representing a variety of sectors will discuss their work to better communities, and reflect on the influence of cultural background on leadership styles, experiences, and accomplishments.
The moderator is Renae Gray, executive director of the Boston Women's Fund.
Panelists include Donna Bivens, co-director of the Women's Theological Center; Denise Goncalves, executive director, Cape Verdean Task Force; Adelisa Gonzalez, charitable giving manager, Corporate Affairs Department, Mellon New England; Letta Neely, program director, Boston GLASS Community Center; and Sayra Pinto, VIA (Vision, Intent, and Action) program director, Roca, Inc.
The event is sponsored by the United Way of Massachusetts Bay Today's Girls'. Tomorrow's Leaders Initiative. For more information, or to register, contact Diane Hammer at the Simmons Institute for Leadership and Change at 617-521-2480 or email@example.com.
Simmons College is a nationally recognized, small, private, predominantly women's university in the heart of Boston. It has undergraduate programs for women and graduate programs for women and men.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight