BOSTON (May 11, 2004) — Simmons College has been selected by the National Center for Healthcare Leadership (NCHL) as a demonstration site to pilot the use of competency-based learning and outcome assessments in the college's graduate health care management education program.
Simmons will develop and implement a program-wide plan for incorporating competency-based learning and assessment into the curriculum starting in 2005. Other demonstration sites include the University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, and University of Washington.
The program will create a direct link between Simmons College, career-entry individuals, and NCHL's efforts to improve leadership development throughout the career continuum. The project will significantly advance teaching and learning methods in Simmons's health care administration program.
The National Center for Healthcare Leadership is a Chicago-based not-for-profit organization that works as an industry-wide catalyst to assure that high quality, relevant, and accountable health management leadership is available to meet the needs of 21st century health care.
The co-educational Simmons School of Health Sciences brings together the college's highly respected bachelor's and master's level health-related programs in nutrition, physical therapy, and primary health care nursing; a master's program in health care administration; and a post-baccalaureate dietetic internship program in nutrition.
- Simmons School of Management Professor Joins U.S. National Women’s Business Council
August 26, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes
August 6, 2014
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight