BOSTON (October 24, 2011) — Simmons College presents "Rumble at the Media Mash-Up" Nov. 15 — Dec. 15, at the Trustman Art Gallery, fourth floor, Main College Building, 300 the Fenway, in Boston. A reception will be held on Thursday, November 17, from 5 p.m. — 7 p.m. The exhibit and reception are free and open to the public.
The Trustman is pleased to present a group show of artists whose risk taking and nontraditional handling of their media is akin to the evolutionary imperative of biological systems. The show will include sculptural books by Kathleen Hancock, fragmented textiles by Merill Comeau, human-scaled prints by Debra Olin, direct animation by Gina Kamentsky, and objects and sound by Aparna Agrawal. These five artists shake up ordinary ways of viewing their media.
Although a diverse set of media, all the artists share a fierce sense of exploration in their work. Interim Gallery Director B. Lynch said: "What attracted me to these works was their sense of fearlessness. Each of these artists has technical control over her media to a highly polished degree, but they aren't content to sit back on their laurels. These artists are willing to re-contextualize their chosen framework, and in so doing, create a new way for the viewer to engage with the form."
Trustman Gallery hours are 10 a.m. — 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The gallery will be closed Nov. 23 — 25. The gallery is free, open to the public and is wheelchair accessible. For more information, contact Marcia Lomedico at 617-521-2268, or visit the gallery's website.
- Simmons School of Management Professor Joins U.S. National Women’s Business Council
August 26, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes
August 6, 2014
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight