BOSTON (September 28, 2011) — The Departments of Africana Studies and Women's and Gender Studies presents a lecture with former Cape Verde Minister, Dr. Victor Borges on women, education, and leadership in Cape Verde, Sept. 29 from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Simmons College. The lecture and reception will take place from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Special Functions Room in the Main College Building, 300 The Fenway. The event is free and open to the public.
Dr. Borges is the former Cape Verde Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Education and Human Resources Development, and Minister of Culture and Sports. He is the Diplomat in Residence at Bridgewater State University in the Center for International Engagement. Borges was named a Fellow-Visitor to the Bureau of European Policy Advisers of the European Commission.
Founded in 1899, Simmons College is a nationally ranked university located in the heart of Boston with a history of visionary thinking, and a focus on leadership and social responsibility. It offers undergraduate education for women, and renowned coeducational graduate programs in nursing and health sciences, liberal arts, library and information science, social work, as well as the nation's first MBA program designed specifically for women. Follow Simmons on Twitter @SimmonsCollege and @SimmonsNews.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight