BOSTON (September 28, 2011) — The Departments of Africana Studies and Women's and Gender Studies presents a lecture with former Cape Verde Minister, Dr. Victor Borges on women, education, and leadership in Cape Verde, Sept. 29 from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Simmons College. The lecture and reception will take place from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Special Functions Room in the Main College Building, 300 The Fenway. The event is free and open to the public.
Dr. Borges is the former Cape Verde Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Education and Human Resources Development, and Minister of Culture and Sports. He is the Diplomat in Residence at Bridgewater State University in the Center for International Engagement. Borges was named a Fellow-Visitor to the Bureau of European Policy Advisers of the European Commission.
Founded in 1899, Simmons College is a nationally ranked university located in the heart of Boston with a history of visionary thinking, and a focus on leadership and social responsibility. It offers undergraduate education for women, and renowned coeducational graduate programs in nursing and health sciences, liberal arts, library and information science, social work, as well as the nation's first MBA program designed specifically for women. Follow Simmons on Twitter @SimmonsCollege and @SimmonsNews.
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton to Deliver Keynote Address at 35th Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
December 11, 2013
- Simmons College Hosts National Discussion on Gender Diversity on Corporate Boards, Nov. 12
October 31, 2013
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents "Comestibles"
October 24, 2013
- Simmons College Makes Kiplinger’s “Best Value” Top 100 Private Colleges List
October 22, 2013
- Simmons School of Management Ranked #1 "Greatest Opportunity For Women" in Nation by The Princeton Review
October 15, 2013
- See All 2013 Releases »
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight