BOSTON (February 22, 2011) — The Simmons Graduate School of Library and Information Science will partner with the Department of Art Conservation at the University of Delaware, Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library (in Delaware), and the Library of Congress on a three-year pilot education program in library and archives conservation. The program is sponsored by a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to the University of Delaware, the lead institution.
The program seeks to educate and prepare students to conserve the nation's library and archival collections for future generations. These collections contain a wide range of materials, primarily books, manuscripts, and archives, that document cultural and intellectual heritage.
The program will build on the strengths of the curricula of Simmons and the University of Delaware. At Simmons, courses in preservation administration, the history of the book, book structures, and the management of library and archival collections will be offered to students from the University of Delaware, Simmons, and other art conservation education programs.
The Simmons Graduate School of Library and Information Science, ranked in the top 10 schools of library and information studies in the U.S.News & World Report's 2010 edition of "America's Best Graduate Schools," is one of the oldest library and information science programs in the nation. Its curriculum has included preservation, archives, and book history courses for more than 30 years. Simmons College is a private university in the heart of Boston.
- Simmons School of Management Professor Joins U.S. National Women’s Business Council
August 26, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes
August 6, 2014
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight