BOSTON (February 22, 2011) — The Simmons Graduate School of Library and Information Science will partner with the Department of Art Conservation at the University of Delaware, Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library (in Delaware), and the Library of Congress on a three-year pilot education program in library and archives conservation. The program is sponsored by a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to the University of Delaware, the lead institution.
The program seeks to educate and prepare students to conserve the nation's library and archival collections for future generations. These collections contain a wide range of materials, primarily books, manuscripts, and archives, that document cultural and intellectual heritage.
The program will build on the strengths of the curricula of Simmons and the University of Delaware. At Simmons, courses in preservation administration, the history of the book, book structures, and the management of library and archival collections will be offered to students from the University of Delaware, Simmons, and other art conservation education programs.
The Simmons Graduate School of Library and Information Science, ranked in the top 10 schools of library and information studies in the U.S.News & World Report's 2010 edition of "America's Best Graduate Schools," is one of the oldest library and information science programs in the nation. Its curriculum has included preservation, archives, and book history courses for more than 30 years. Simmons College is a private university in the heart of Boston.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight