The Faculty Senate is the primary governance body for the Simmons College Faculty. The Senate provides for the Faculty a forum and a voice beyond the individual Schools that allows the Faculty to assert its viewpoint and principles in support of the general welfare of Simmons College. It serves as the primary means of communication from the Board and the Administration to the Faculty and vice versa.
The Senate comprises representatives from the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS), the School of Management (SOM), the Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS), the School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SNHS), and the School of Social Work (SSW).
The Senate meets weekly during the academic year and any faculty member may attend the first part of any meeting.
Faculty Senate Representatives, Academic Year 2014-2015
- President, Melanie Kimball, GSLIS
- President-elect, Elizabeth Scott, CAS
- Josephine Atinaja-Faller, SNHS - Senator At Large
- Margaret Costello, SNHS
- Daren Graves, CAS/SSW - Senator at Large
- Indra Guertler, SOM
- Randi Lite, CAS
- Cathryn M. Mercier, CAS - Senator At Large
- Elizabeth Metallinos-Katsaras, SNHS
- Mindell Nitkin, SOM
- Beverly Sealey, SSW
- Rong Tang GSLIS