We are looking forward to seeing you at Orientation, Wednesday, June 23 and helping you experience the Spirit of Simmons! In preparation for your time at Simmons, please read below for some important information.
- Check-in is between 8:30 and 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning, and Orientation officially begins at 10:15 a.m.; Orientation will be completed around 6:30 p.m. A complete schedule is available online.
- Getting Here: If you are driving, you will enter the garage off of Avenue Louis Pasteur. Please pull up to the right-hand side gate and obtain a parking ticket. Please make sure to get a parking exit voucher from Orientation staff at Check-In. Complete driving and public transportation directions are available online.
- Mathematics Competency Testing: If you need to take the Mathematics Competency Exam, it will be offered at 9:00 a.m. prior to the start of Orientation session. Not sure if you need to take the exam? Students who received a score of 600 or above on their math SAT's, or a score of 24 or above on their math ACT are exempt from taking the exam. You may also be exempt from this exam if your Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) indicates that you have fulfilled this requirement.
- IDs: During Orientation, you will have the opportunity to have your picture taken for your Fenway Card, which serves as your Simmons ID, which you will then be able to pick up in the fall.To expedite the process, we ask that everyone bring a government-issued ID such as a driver's license or passport.
- Advising: When you check-in for Orientation, you will receive an individual advising appointment for Wednesday afternoon
- Afternoon Outing: At the end of the Orientation day, you will go out for a social with other Transfer students or Dix Scholars. Food will be provided - you do not need to bring spending money for this outing, although you may want it for other items throughout the day. (Coffee? A Simmons T-shirt?)
- Planning to Live on Campus? If you are planning to live on campus next year, don't forget to fill out your Housing Application!
Again, we look forward to meeting you soon for Undergraduate Orientation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 617-521-2429
We recognize that Transfer Students have unique needs and perspectives when you come to Simmons. As part of the Orientation program, new Transfer students will have the opportunity to meet with new and returning transfer students and learn how to make a smooth transition to Simmons College. You will been assigned to Orientation Groups with other Transfer students, led by a returning student who also transferred to Simmons.
The Fall Orientation Schedule mirrors the first-year student schedule, as much of the information is Simmons specific and important for both first-time first years and transfer students.
On Monday, September 5, there will be a transfer-specific "Insider's Guide to Simmons" session to answer your questions about Simmons and offer returning transfer students to share their experiences about transferring to Simmons.
Additional Information for Incoming Students
- New Resident Student Information
- Commuter Student Information
- Student Leadership and Activities
- Fenway Card (Student ID)
- Parking information for Commuter Students
- Meal Plan Information
- Residence Campus Services
- Simmons College Bookstore
- Student Financial Services
- Technology for Students
- Things to Do and See in Boston