Congratulations on your decision to attend Simmons College! We are excited that you are joining the Simmons Community and look forward to seeing you on campus. For students starting in the Fall Semester, we hold two orientations: one in June, and one in the fall, prior to the beginning of the semester.
About Summer Orientation
At Summer Orientation, you will get the opportunity to meet other new students, finalize your academic schedule, and learn about co-curricular opportunities at Simmons. Registration for summer orientation will go live in the late Spring. The Summer Orientation dates for 2015:
- First-years choose between two overnights: June 20th-21st, 2015 -or- June 22nd-June 23rd, 2015 (Orientation fee: $149).
- Transfer students can choose to attend one of the overnights (June 22nd-June 23rd - Orientation fee: $149) or the single day orientation on Friday, June 19th, 2015 (Orientation fee: $49)
- Dix Scholars will be contacted by the Office of Student Leadership and Activities to notifiy you of your Orienation options.
About Fall Orientation
Fall Orientation is for all students—whether they live on campus or not. Students are expected to attend the Orientation events on each day of Fall Orientation, and have an opportunity to attend other planned activities through the first week of classes, including Connections Carnival: the Student Involvement Fair. You'll get to share ideas with new and current students, meet faculty and administrators who will help ensure your success, and truly discover the spirit of Simmons through its people and community.
Fall Orientation will announced shortly after the announcement for the 2016 Acacemic Calendar. You will not need to register for Fall Orientation - all students are expected to attend. The first day of Fall Orientation will begin on Move-In Day and will last through the first day of classes.
More information about Fall Orientation can be found here.
Let Us Know! The Office of Student Leadership and Activities and the Orientation Leaders are here to help you feel at home at Simmons, so please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Orientation will be one of your first memories of Simmons, and we are committed to making it one of your fondest, too. Don't hesitate to email us or call 617-521-2429. We'll see you soon!
Additional Information for Incoming Students
- New Resident Student Information
- Commuter Student Information
- Student Leadership and Activities
- Fenway Card (Student ID)
- Parking information for Commuter Students
- Meal Plan Information
- Residence Campus Services
- Simmons College Bookstore
- Student Financial Services
- Technology for Students
- Things to Do and See in Boston