Congratulations on your decision to attend Simmons College! We are excited that you are joining the Simmons Community and look forward to seeing you on campus. For students starting in the Spring Semester, we hold a one-day Orientation session on Friday, January 10, 2014. For students starting in the Fall Semester, we hold two orientations: one in the summer, toward the end of June, and one in the fall, prior to the beginning of the semester.
About January Orientation
At January Orientation you will meet other incoming students and upperclass student leaders, learn more about the Simmons community and its resources, and start to get settled on campus before the semester begins.
About Summer Orientation
At Summer Orientation, you will get the opportunity to meet other new students, finalize your academic schedule, and learn about co-curricular opportunities at Simmons. Registration for summer orientation will be available online mid-April, if not sooner. The Summer Orientation dates for 2013:
- First-years choose between two overnights: June 16-17-or- June 19-June 20.
- Transfer students can choose to attend one of the overnights (June 19-June 20) or the single day orientation on June 19.
- Dix Scholars should contact the Office of Student Leadership and Activities at 617-521-2429 to arrange for a Dix Orientation meeting.
About Fall Orientation
Fall Orientation is for all students—whether they live on campus or not. Students are expected to attend the Orientation events on each day of Fall Orientation, and have an opportunity to attend other planned activities through the first week of classes, including Connections Carnival: the Student Involvement Fair. You'll get to share ideas with new and current students, meet faculty and administrators who will help ensure your success, and truly discover the spirit of Simmons through its people and community.
Fall Orientation will be held from Saturday, August 30 through Wednesday, September 3, 2014. You do not need to register for Fall Orientation - all students are expected to attend.
More information about Fall Orientation can be found here.
Let Us Know! The Office of Student Leadership and Activities and the Orientation Leaders are here to help you feel at home at Simmons, so please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Orientation will be one of your first memories of Simmons, and we are committed to making it one of your fondest, too. Don't hesitate to email us or call 617-521-2429. We'll see you soon!
Additional Information for Incoming Students
- New Resident Student Information
- Commuter Student Information
- Student Leadership and Activities
- Fenway Card (Student ID)
- Parking information for Commuter Students
- Meal Plan Information
- Residence Campus Services
- Simmons College Bookstore
- Student Financial Services
- Technology for Students
- Things to Do and See in Boston