The Writing Center will close for winter break on Tues., Dec. 23. It will re-open Mon., Jan. 5.
For off-site and online students, the Writing Center offers phone conversations with tutors (recommended) or feedback via email.
For phone conversations, please follow the directions below.
For feedback via email, please follow the directions on the Online Tutoring link.
Our tutors can help you with:
Organizing and clarifying ideas
Addressing grammar and punctuation errors
* Please note: we are NOT a proofreading or editing service
Special policies for phone conversations:
- Your paper can be no longer than 10 pages.
- Your paper must be in .doc or .docx format.
- You may schedule two phone sessions per week.
How to make a submission for a phone conversation:
- Register with WC Online (found on Writing Center website main page).
- Make a one-hour appointment. Please be aware that the system defaults to a 30-minute appointment. Use the drop-down box to make an hour appointment.
- In the appointment box next to "What would you like to work on today" write:
- "Phone session"
- The phone number that you will be at for your appointment time
- The focus of the session
- After you have clicked Save Appointment, the "Success!" box will pop up. Click to attach a file.
- IMPORTANT STEP! Use the drop down menu to select the day, time and tutor of the appointment you just made. Once your appointment is selected, attach the file.
- You can also attach a file to an existing appointment by clicking on the yellow folder under "Welcome!" on the schedule.
- Your tutor will call you 10 - 15 minutes past the hour of your appointment (giving them time to read your paper).
- Please have your paper in front of you for the phone session.
- Call the Writing Center with questions (617-521-2479 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 617-521-2479 ).